- For other uses of The Flash, see The Flash (Disambiguation).
- For other uses of Green Arrow, see Arrow (Disambiguation).
Officer Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen was a forensic scientist of the Central City Police Department. Allen is the son of Henry and Nora Allen, the husband of Iris West-Allen and the father of Nora West-Allen.
After being struck by lightning during the particle accelerator explosion, Allen gained an organic connection with the Speed Force and gained the ability to move at superhuman speed. With the assistance of his friends at S.T.A.R. Labs, later coined Team Flash, Allen became The Flash of Central City, protecting the city and beyond from any Metahuman threats.
|Note:||This section is a stub. Click the edit button to the right of the section title to expand it.|
Early Life[edit source]
Growing Up[edit source]
Becoming The Flash[edit source]
The Reverse[edit source]
The Man Who Saved Central City[edit source]
Welcome to Earth-2[edit source]
The Race of His Life[edit source]
Future Flash[edit source]
Fastest Man Alive vs. Smartest Man Alive[edit source]
The Purge[edit source]
Blood and Truth[edit source]
Crisis on Infinite Earths[edit source]
Erased Future[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Speed Force Connection: After being struck by lightning during the particle accelerator explosion, Allen formed an organic connection to the Speed Force,
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Allen was able to heal from extreme injuries in a short period of time due to their superhuman metabolism.
- Electrokinesis: Allen produced small orange lightning trails behind him when he ran at superhuman speed.
- Electricity Absorption: Allen was able to charge himself with exterior energy sources, supercharging his body and giving a boost in speed.
- Speed Force Aura: Allen was protected by an aura of invisible energy, protecting him from burning due to extreme friction and from gravitational forces. The aura can also be expanded and withstand the gravitational pull of a black hole, while protecting its user from being injured or destroyed. The aura was also shown to be able to protect those being carried by Allen, protecting them from the extreme friction produced from superhuman speed.
- Speed Force Sharing: Allen was able to share his superhuman speed through physical contact and allow them to be stabilized from certain conditions. Allen was also able to bring non-speedsters into a phenomenon known as Flashtime, with a limited time as non-speedsters are unable to survive long at that speed.
- Superhuman Agility: Allen was able to balance off unstable constructs while running at superhuman speed, allowing him to easily maneuver on obstacles.
- Superhuman Durability: Allen was able to withstand extreme forces and attacks with little to no injuries. However, he was still vulnerable to bullets and swords, which are able to pierce his skin.
- Superhuman Momentum: Allen was able to generate and withstand extreme kinetic energy. He was also able to stop completely even running at the speed of light.
- Superhuman Senses: Allen was able to have enhanced senses and able to hear sounds even after exceeding the speed of sound, which no sounds can be heard normally.
- Superhuman Speed: Allen was able to run at superhuman speed and easily exceed the speed of light through months of training. The superhuman speed grants him multiple additional powers.
- Accelerated Perception: Allen was able to perceive actions and words that appeared for a brief moment. In order for him to communicate with humans, he was able to shift the perception level according to his will.
- Aerokinesis: Allen was able to move his bodies at superhuman speed and create vortexes, cyclones, tornadoes and vacuums of air. This allows him to propel his opponents away.
- Bodily Vibration: By vibrating at superhuman speed, Allen was able to create visual and audio illusions, such as voice modulation, invisibility and masking his faces. Additionally, by vibrating at the same frequency as air, he was able to "phase" through solid objects.
- Intangibility: Also known as "phasing", Allen had the ability to walk through solid objects by vibrating at the frequency of air.
- Invisibility: Allen possessed the ability to appear invisible to the naked eye through vibrating at a high speed.
- Speed Force Siphoning: Allen was able to create sonic booms simply vibrating at a high speed, allowing him to siphon speed off other speedsters and absorb their energy.
- Voice Modulation: When vibrating at a certain frequency, Allen could modulate their voices to a point where normal humans are unable to identify him.
- Speed Mirage: By running back and forth between two places, Allen was able to create a mirage that there are two or more individuals standing still. However, they look less realistic when more mirages are being created.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Allen was able to respond to attacks quickly, including a speeding bullet and physical contacts.
- Time Travel: By running faster than the speed of light, Allen was able to break the space-time barrier and open a portal to the Speed Force, allowing him to run across time with flashes of images passing through him in the vortex.
- Temporal Regression: Allen was able to reverse a short period of time without affecting themselves and retain the memories in the process,
- Time Travel Awareness: Allen was able to sense other speedsters, such as his future daughter, travelling across time through the Speed Force.
- Time Remnants Construct: Allen was able to create a "clone" of himself that retains his memories and personalities with their own minds. However, their personalities slowly diverge from the "prime" version through time. Time Remnants also retains all abilities a speedster does and even become stronger than their "prime" version. Despite their convenience in battles, Time Remnants are required to be killed in order to preserve the timeline integrity.
- Superhuman Stamina: Allen was able to run for an extended period of time with no signs of exhaustion.
- Superhuman Strength: While running at superhuman speed, Allen was able to carry heavy objects and even drag an individual around easily.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- The Flash Suit: As The Flash, Allen wore a red and gold protective suit.
- Flash Ring: Allen was given a futuristic storage ring by her future daughter, which was used to store his suit.
- Gideon: In an erased future, Allen created Gideon, an artificial intelligence which was utilized by his enemy Eobard Thawne and himself.
- Savitar Armor: Allen briefly used his Time Remnant counterpart's armor to stop his war.
Promotional Images[edit source]
Coming to CW poster
Flash vs. Arrow fan screening poster
The Flash & Black Lightning
|Other versions of Barry Allen/The Flash|
- Male Characters
- Characters from Earth-1 (Pre-Crisis)
- Deceased Characters
- The Flash (2014) Characters
- Arrow Characters
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow Characters
- Supergirl Characters
- Batwoman Characters
- Law Enforcement
- Time Travelers
- Private Investigators
- Comic Characters