- For other uses of The Flash, see The Flash (Disambiguation).
The Flash: Johnny Quick is a novel written by Barry Lyga. This is the second book of the trilogy that explore an alternate continuity where Flashpoint never occurred.
Based on the hit CW TV show, this second title in The Flash middle-grade series follows Barry Allen as he continues his mission to protect Central City from the sinister Hocus Pocus—but this time, a new evil lurks beneath the city streets...
- Team Flash
- David Singh
- Crime Syndicate of America (first appearance; mentioned)
- Johnny Quick (Eddie Thawne)
- Owlman (Bruce Wayne) (first appearance; mentioned)
- Power Ring (first appearance; mentioned)
- Superwoman (first appearance; mentioned)
- Ultraman (first appearance; mentioned)
- Hocus Pocus (mentioned)
- Earthworm (Herbert Hynde)
- Reverse-Flash (Eobard Thawne) (mentioned)
Other Characters[edit source]
- Barry Allen (mentioned)
- Barry Allen (mentioned)
- Caitlin Snow (mentioned)
- Cisco Ramon
- Cisco Ramon (mentioned)
- Clyde Mardon
- Clyde Mardon's brother (mentioned)
- Darrel Frye
- Hartley Rathaway
- Harrison Wells (mentioned)
- Henry Allen (mentioned)
- Iris West (mentioned)
- Jesse Wells (mentioned)
- Joe West (mentioned)
- Len Snart
- Lisa Snart (mentioned)
- "Madame Xanadu"
- Nora Allen (mentioned)
- Ralph Dibny
Objects and Concepts[edit source]
|Note:||This section is a stub. Click the edit button to the right of the section title to expand it.|
- Flashpoint (mentioned)
- Earth-1 (vibe)
- Earth-666 (mentioned)
- This book is the second of a trilogy written by Barry Lyga.
- This book introduces Earth-27 / Earth-27A, a universe exactly opposite of Earth-1 / Earth-1A.
- Johnny Quick is the main antagonist of this novel.
- This is the first appearance of Johnny Quick in a novel.
- Compared to the comic, this version of Johnny Quick is Eddie Thawne.
- Johnny Quick's hand can be seen on the cover.
- When Barry was running through the multiverse, he briefly sees a man with "a glowing green ring on his hand" and a "rabbit with a cape". These are references to Green Lantern and Captain Carrot, respectively.
- A mysterious character is referred to as "Stranger", which is an allusion to Phantom Stranger.
- When Barry meets Ralph Dibny from Earth-27 for the first time, Ralph says, "I like to stretch myself", which is an allusion to the Elongated Man.
- The Ralph Dibny from Earth-1, who was introduced during the fourth season of the Flash, also becomes the Elongated Man.
- When Barry travels back to Earth-1, he sees a "boy screaming down lightning from the sky", which is an allusion to Captain Marvel / Shazam.
- Barry joked about an Earth called "Earth-666". This Earth designation would be used years later as the official Earth designation for Lucifer in Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three.