Freedom Fighters: The Ray is an animated webseries based on the DC Comics character, The Ray. It premiered on the CW Seed on December 8, 2017, and concluded after two seasons on July 19, 2018.
All his life, Ray Terrill has fought injustice, dreaming of making a real difference like his older brother, a Marine who was killed in Afghanistan. One day, he stumbles upon a dying superhero from another Earth and is stunned to find that this superhero looks just like him—because it is! The dying Ray Terrill of Earth-X transfers photokinetic energy to this Earth's Ray, making him a superhero – THE RAY. However, Ray quickly learns being a superhero isn't all hanging muggers from streetlamps and fighting giant robots. As the evil Nazi New Reichsmen of Earth-X, led by Overgirl, close in, The Ray must learn to harness his powers by coming to terms with his true self, even if that means also finally coming out of the closet to his parents. The fate of Earth-X depends on it!
- Russell Tovey as The Ray (Ray Terrill) / The Ray (Ray Terrill)
- Jason Mitchell as Black Condor (John Trujillo) / John Trujillo
- Dilshad Vadsaria as Phantom Lady (Jenny Knight) / Jenny Knight
- Melissa Benoist as Overgirl (Kara)
- Iddo Goldberg as Red Tornado
- Matthew Mercer as Black Arrow / Dollman (Darrel) / Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
- Scott Whyte as Blitzkrieg / The Flash (Barry Allen)
- Carlos Valdes as Vibe (Cisco Ramon / Vibe (Cisco Ramon)
- Sunil Malhotra as Jacob
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Grace Terrill
- Bruce Thomas as Robert Terrill
- Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow
- Christopher Corey Smith as Donald
- Megalyn Echikunwoke as Vixen (Mari McCabe)
- Echo Kellum as Mister Terrific (Curtis Holt)
- A combination of episodes from the first and second season were released as a film on August 28, 2018.