|“||You think by hurting yourself, it's gonna make you feel better about the fire?
You don't know anything about me, man.
Guess again, kid. I'm you.
That's right. You're too young to understand. But understand this: it wasn't your fault.
I let that flame get out of control, like you said. I ran out without waking anybody, like you said. I was just so afraid.
You were just a kid. I spent my whole life blaming you, hating you for something you didn't mean to do.
Why are you telling me this?
You can't change the things you did. But you can change what you become. Don't be like me. Be better.
— Mick Rory and his younger self[src]
Mick Rory was a pyromaniac criminal active in Central City and later reformed to be a Legend. He was nicknamed Heat Wave by Cisco Ramon due to his use of the Heat Gun during his partnership with Leonard Snart.
In 2016, he was recruited to join the Legends. During the activities of hunting down Vandal Savage, he was attracted to the chaotic environment of Star City of Earth-16 in the year 2046, and he was forcibly taken away by the team. Snart then had a fight with Rory and abandoned him at an unknown point in time where the Time Masters noticed his activities at the time and recruited him as a bounty hunter known as Chronos, before betraying the Time Masters.
|Note:||This section is a stub. Click the edit button to the right of the section title to expand it.|
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
Former Powers[edit source]
- Powers via the Fire Totem: During the war against Mallus, Rory was the bearer of the Fire Totem, one of the six Totems of Zambesi.
- Pyrokinesis: With the Fire Totem, Rory was able to generate flames from his own body, heating the surrounding environment and creating powerful blasts.
- Peak of Human Physical Condition: Rory trained himself to attain a muscular physique in prison, making him a formidable person to many.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: As a long-time criminal, Rory had became an expert in combat skills and was able to defend himself against opponents with a far stronger physiology.
- Marksmanship: Rory is familiar with firearms and his Heat Gun.
- Writing: As Rebecca Silver, Rory wrote countless renowned romance novels that was popular among teenagers.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Heat Gun: After realizing he could not combat The Flash on his own, Leonard Snart decided to give the Heat Gun to Rory and partnered with him. The Heat Gun soon became Rory's signature weapon, which could increase surrounding temperature at a significant rate and generate powerful flames.
- Heat Wave Goggles: In his early days, Rory wore a pair of welding goggles as Heat Wave to protect his eyes from the flare of the flames. He soon adapted to the flare and rarely wore the goggles, only doing so on occasion.
- Hunter Armors: As the bounty hunter Chronos, Rory wore the default Hunter Armor with slight variation.
- Energy Guns: As Chronos, Rory wielded a powerful energy rifle that severely damaged the Waverider.
- Thermite Grenade: Chronos utilized a Thermite Grenade to attack the Waverider.
- Timeship: To travel across time, Rory was provided a Timeships.
- Fire Totem: During the war against Mallus, Rory was the bearer of the Fire Totem, one of the six Totems of Zambesi.
- Brigid's Diary: In hopes of stopping the destruction brought forth by Tagumo, a fictional monster, Rory wrote on Brigid's Diary and created a scenario where Garima, a warrior from his stories, defeated the monster. Rory continued to keep the diary afterwards, using it to conjure Garima until it was confiscated by the Time Bureau.
Promotional Images[edit source]
Heat Wave & Captain Cold
First look of DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Crisis on Earth-X Comic Poster
|Other versions of Mick Rory|
- Male Characters
- Characters from Earth-1 (Pre-Crisis)
- Deceased Characters
- The Flash (2014) Characters
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow Characters
- Supergirl Characters
- Arrow Characters
- Time Travelers
- Bounty Hunters
- Magic Users
- Totem of Zambesi Bearers
- Government Agents
- Law Enforcement