- For other uses of Batwoman, see Batwoman (Disambiguation).
|“||I keep people at arm's length. I lost a lot of people in my life, and I am scared to death to lose anyone else, so I don't let people in, and the whole superhero thing gives me an excuse to keep doing that.||”|
— Ryan Wilder[src]
Ryan Wilder is a wrongfully arrested criminal and a former inmate at Blackgate Penitentiary. Wilder is also the estranged daughter of Jada Jet, the sister of Marquis Jet and the adoptive daughter of Cora Lewis.
As a witness of Kate Kane's plane incident, Wilder found the Batsuit in the debris and wore the protective suit in order to defend the powerless citizens of Gotham from the False Face Society. She was later found by Luke Fox and Mary Hamilton, Kate's vigilante team. Wilder was given the permission to wear the suit and become the second Batwoman until Kate's return.
Kate later returned under Black Mask's brainwash into thinking she was Circe Sionis, Wilder assisted in restoring Kate's mind and given the blessing to take over the mantle of Batwoman, with the citizens giving her the title of Caped Crusader.
Early Life[edit source]
After Wilder was born, Wilder was told that her mother died during childbirth and her father died some time prior.
At some point, Wilder was an assistant martial arts instructor for two years.
In 2005, a young Wilder was searching for comic books on Ghost Kid and the Candy Lady lured her into her minivan using other comic books. The Candy Lady then locked Wilder up in her attic with a jelly bean jar, taking away one candy a day for every day of her captivity. However, Wilder was rescued by her friend from Wayside Heights, Angelique Martin, who got caught purposely and escaped with Wilder.
Criminal Life[edit source]
|“||Make the most of what time you have left.||”|
— Wilder quotes Cora[src]
Years later, Wilder was adopted by Cora Lewis and lived in an apartment until Cora was killed by the Wonderland Gang.
At some point in her life, Wilder was a criminal and was framed by Crows Security on drug dealing, later put to jail for 18 months. She was arrested twice on February 15, 2019, and April 30, 2019, for "possession and intent to distribute controlled substances".
After being released, Wilder was not accepted at any jobs due to her being an ex-con and had to live in a van with her plant.
In late 2015, Angelique gave Wilder a plant. Wilder cherished it and gave it to her mother when they moved into their apartment. However, after her mother's death Wilder treats the plant as a part of her mother, often talking to her.
Rescued by Batwoman[edit source]
On Halloween 2020, Wilder was rescued by Batwoman after an attempted mugging.
Time to be Powerful[edit source]
Two months later in January 2021, Wilder witnessed the Wayne Enterprises Jet GC9K 23 crashing into the ocean and the beach which Kate Kane was on. She then rushed to help them and rescued a man by performing CPR on him. As she walks around to look for survivors, she found the Batsuit and took it away.
After leaving the scene, Wilder put on the Batsuit and attacked the False Face Society but was overwhelmed, only to fight back after pressing unknown buttons on the suit. Wilder then accidentally turned on the GPS signal for Luke and Mary to find her in the sewers. Wilder talked to Luke and Mary how she would return the suit when she sought revenge for Cora, and escaped using the Grappling Gun.
As Wilder read a newspaper on Kate's past and disappearance, she realized that Kate was also a hero and chose to return the suit to the Bat-Team by turning on the GPS signal. However, Tommy Elliot, disguised as Bruce Wayne, entered the Batcave and found the location of the suit. Tommy then used the Batmobile and tried to attack Wilder for the suit.
Resting in her van, Wilder was awakened by a message sent from Luke to the Batsuit, and she escaped driving her van away. Despite having an advantage at the start of the chase, she was caught up by the Batmobile and Luke took control of the Batmobile to stop it. Wilder parked in a corner and lured Tommy in. She then attacked him in the Batsuit and fought together. Tommy used the Kryptonite and penetrated the suit. Falling unconscious, Tommy walked over and Wilder attacked him again, surprising him. Tommy then took her plant from the van and shattered the vase as a weapon, only to anger Wilder and beaten up by her, making the mask of Bruce Wayne's face to slide off.
After the chaos, Wilder escaped and returned the suit to the Bat-Team. Wilder then returned to her life in the van, only to realize that the Kryptonite has poisoned her from the wound.
Normal Life[edit source]
Days after being the Batwoman, Wilder returned to her daily life of attending the parole officer's meeting. Wilder later went to Balton Security and applied for a job, only to be turned down due to her prior criminal history. Wilder then went to a grocery shop and attempted to buy painkillers for her Kryptonite wound. However, a robbery occurred and Wilder fought against the criminal, only to be arrested by Crows Security due to a misunderstanding.
Wilder was then taken to the Crows HQ for interrogation and talked to Sophie Moore, a familiar agent of Crows. During the session, Wilder told Sophie to check the security feed and was later allowed to leave. Wilder then complained how Commander Kane never apprehended Alice and was informed that how he no longer has feelings towards her villainous daughter. However, Wilder's assumption was Jacob being racist, with Sophie then dismissing her and told her to leave.
Toxin Bats[edit source]
After talking to Sophie, Wilder realized that Alice was Jacob's daughter and confronted Mary Hamilton at her clinic. The two were then approached and found Mouse's corpse with bat marks. They then investigated the body and confirmed that Mouse was killed with the same poison that killed Catherine, Mary's mother. The bat then burst out of Mouse's chest and attacked the team, with Wilder screaming and running, later claiming to be afraid of bats.
On January 31, 2021, countless people protested in Gotham Square for Batwoman. Wilder then proposed she wears the suit and pose as Batwoman to allow the people to leave the plaza before Alice starts an attack. However, her speech was unable to evacuate the people and the plaza was attacked by Toxin Bats, with countless bit by them and in critical danger. During the chaos, Wilder fought Alice on top of the roof and was unable to kill the latter. Wilder then worked on searching for the device that gathered the bats and brought it with her on the Batmobile, drawing the danger away from the plaza while Mary synthesize a cure. On the way away from the crowd, Wilder stopped in front of a Crows Security Bus and threatened an agent to leave the bus. Wilder then tossed the device on the bus while attracting the bats on the bus, later throwing a grenade to kill the murder weapons. She was then approached by a homeless person who exclaimed that Wilder is Batwoman.
Wilder then returned to the Batcave and received the blessing from Luke and Mary on becoming the Batwoman, replacing Kate Kane until she returns.
"Bat Girl Magic!"[edit source]
As Batwoman, Wilder intercepted a drug dealing between the False Face Society and addict. However, she failed to land successfully due to her boot's size. Wilder then started throwing Batarangs at the gang with Luke on the comms reminding her that each of them costs $1000. The criminal then stated that she was not Batwoman, and Wilder waited for a reply from Luke, eventually not getting any. However, Wilder's suit started beeping, and she left to attend a meeting with her parole officer.
During the meeting, Wilder and the officer talked about her job, with Wilder calling Mary for "confirmation". Mary then proposed that she could actually offer Wilder a job at The Hold Up as a civilian disguise.
At the Batcave, the team witnessed a news report on Victor Zsasz's break in at Hamilton Dynamics, with Wilder being able to quickly identify the criminal as Zsasz. Wilder then went to Zsasz's apartment and was knocked out of the window with a rocket launcher. Wilder later returned to Batcave and proposed to talk to Zsasz as Wilder. During the talk, Wilder was able to use her Sniffer using her connection with Angelique Martin.
— Victor Zsasz and Ryan Wilder[src]
Wilder then returned to the Batcave and modified the Batsuit, later receiving a call from Mary about being attacked by Zsasz. Wilder then donned the new suit and went to Mary's clinic, fighting Zsasz and knocking him unconscious. Wilder's actions were then reported by Gotham City Gazette and Vesper Fairchild.
Wilder then attended another session with her parole officer and saw the newspaper, later returning to The Hold Up with Luke apologizing to her, giving her a new Batarangs and compromised with her about being Batwoman.
Facing Childhood Fears[edit source]
Weeks later, Wilder was approached by a child who asked her for help as his brother went missing. Wilder then investigated and determined his last known location is Wayside Heights, the former foster home of Wilder and Angelique. She then went with Mary Hamilton to the location and told the latter about her kidnapped experience years ago. She then deduced that Kevin might be kidnapped by the same person as her kidnapper and pinpointed the location of her residence. Wilder then attacked her, with the Candy Lady being able to fight back and knock her unconscious. Wilder later woke up and fought back, allowing the Candy Lady to be arrested.
Wilder then went to a False Face Society Hotspot and found Jacob Kane about to be killed by Kevin under the command of the gang. Wilder was then able to rescue Kane from the gang and fought with him against the gang members. Wilder then allowed Kevin to go with Kane and returned to The Hold Up, only to be approached by Angelique Martin.
Search for Kate Kane[edit source]
Chase of the Napier Painting[edit source]
After rescuing Jacob Kane from Pike, an assassin from Coryana, Wilder returned to the apartment and met Angelique during breakfast. They then listened to Vesper Fairchild regarding the art criminal Wolf Spider. Angelique then saw Wilder's Kryptonite wound on her shoulder and told her to have it checked.
Wilder was then called by Sophie using the Batsignal. Wilder then formed a temporal alliance with the Crows and worked to search for the Napier Painting which contains the map to Coryana, allowing them to find Kate Kane.
Wilder then entered the illegal auction using the Batarang as a "ticket". However, she was unable to answer Evan's question and was nearly kicked out of the event, only to be rescued by Angelique Martin. Wilder then found the Napier Painting and sent the image to the Batcave. Wilder then suited up and returned to the painting, only to see Wolf Spider stealing it. During the chase, Wilder was slowed down due to her Kryptonite wound and was unable to catch up to Wolf Spider. The art criminal was then blocked by the Crows, who hit him with the car and severely injured him. Wilder then drove the Batmobile to the scene and brought Evan to the Mary's clinic for treatment.
Wilder then approached Sophie, who informed Wilder that she has the two agents fired already. Wilder was unsatisfied by the result and told her to quit the Crows as well.
Injury Worsens[edit source]
After fighting several thugs, Wilder suffers from her Kryptonite poisoning and went to Gotham General. With the doctor inspecting her wound and issued some painkillers for her. Angelique then paid the medical bill using drug dealing money, causing Wilder to convince her to leave this life. They then returned to Wilder's penthouse and Wilder offered a position to Angelique at The Hold Up, with her refusing the offer. As Angelique went to get the painkillers, Wilder planted the app in her phone under Sophie's command to search for the Snakebite supplier.
Wilder later went to Mary's clinic and rescued her and Jacob from Aaron Helzinger who seeks the cure for his disorder. More criminals then entered the clinic and Wilder was forced to choose between the map to Coryana and Sophie. Wilder chose Sophie and gave the map to the criminals. She then received a call from the doctor, who informed her about the radiation from the injury.
On the other day, Wilder suffers from serious pain and was treated by the Bat-Team. However, they were too late and the Kryptonite entered Wilder's brain, causing her to lose control over her behaviors and induced hallucinations. Wilder then searched for Ocean driving in the Batmobile with a hallucination of Cora Lewis and went to Angelique's apartment, seeking for answers. Angelique then tricked her and pushed her off the balcony. The GCPD then arrived and attempted to arrest Wilder, only for her to be rescued by the team.
|“||Do you know who I am?
Honestly, so many women keep showing up in that outfit, it's impossible to keep track.
— Wilder and Alice[src]
She then went to Ocean's lair and fought against Alice, revealing her identity to her and sought revenge. Wilder was later overwhelmed by the pain and Alice's attacks on her shoulder. She was unable to fight Alice and let her go, after placing a tracker on her boot. Wilder later returned to the Batcave and told the team that she planted a tracker and she will go to Coryana to search for Kate Kane.
Trip to Coryana[edit source]
After attempting to inject herself with a serum learned from YouTube, Wilder was stopped by Mary and was convinced to allow Sophie and Jacob to go to Coryana. However, the two were kidnapped by Many Arms of Death and the Bat-Team agreed to let Wilder go to Coryana after injecting her with the serum that could give her a rush of energy with the side effect of speeding up her poisoning.
Wilder then went to Coryana on a cargo plane and admitted that it was the first time that she has been on a plane. She leaped out of the plane and landed on a Desert Rose farm with Many Arms of Death quickly attacking her. Wilder was then placed in a cell with Alice, who she talked to about her intentions to find Kate.
After Alice started a fire on the farm, Wilder was found lying on a rock, waiting for her last moments. Sophie then arrived and met her, whom Wilder told to stay and make her death not lonely. Luckily, the team was able to find out about that Wilder's plant is in fact a Desert Rose and was able to rescue Wilder from dying.
During the Kate's funeral, Wilder placed her plant in the Batcave and declared it as a connection to Kate Kane.
Rise of Snakebite[edit source]
A month after the funeral, Wilder fought crime with full strength after healing from the injury. She later investigated the murder of Commissioner Forbes and rescued Jordan and Sophie from the False Face Society. Wilder then demanded answers and clues with Jordan telling her that the getaway driver wore a golden key bracelet. Knowing it was Angelique, Wilder confronted her at her apartment and convinced her to be a witness. Angelique was then afraid that she might be killed by the gang and Wilder assured her that she would be safe due to her "connection" to Batwoman.
Wilder then suited up as Batwoman and went to the apartment, only to find a mess and went to the factory to find Black Mask. However, she was overwhelmed by the gang and was tied to a machine. She was then rescued by Sophie Moore who scared Black Mask away using a shotgun. Wilder then brought Angelique to the Crows Security, with her later admitting to all convictions due to her afraid about being killed by False Face Society.
Sophie then informed Wilder about the news and told her about her choice, with Wilder crying over losing her girlfriend and best friend. She later returned to the Batcave and established rules similar to Bruce Wayne's "Bat-Code", including having each other's backs.
"Robyn Wilde"[edit source]
Team Up with Alice[edit source]
Saving Luke Fox[edit source]
Kate Kane's Betrayal[edit source]
Evening of Anarchy[edit source]
Missing Trophies[edit source]
Mad as a Hatter[edit source]
Apex Predators[edit source]
Ice Cold Experience[edit source]
30 Under 30[edit source]
Family Dinner[edit source]
Mary's Trigger[edit source]
Before Sunrise[edit source]
Flesh and Mud[edit source]
Tough Choices[edit source]
Hunting Ivy[edit source]
Battle at the Dam[edit source]
Having Fun[edit source]
Bigger Problems[edit source]
For Family[edit source]
Rogue War[edit source]
Missing Hero[edit source]
Wednesday in Central City[edit source]
Alternate Versions[edit source]
Reverse Flashpoint[edit source]
Possible Future[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Driving: Wilder is an expert in driving as shown when she was able to out maneuver Tommy Elliot while he was driving the Batmobile.
- Indomitable Will: Wilder is extremely determined and was able to continue being Batwoman even when infected with Kryptonite poisoning.
- Peak of Human Physical Condition: Wilder is at the peak of human physical condition due to her activities as Batwoman and her prior lifestyle as a convict.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Wilder is an expert in hand-to-hand combat due to her experiences as a martial arts instructor, convict and vigilante and is even able to defeat trained assassins such as members of Many Arms of Death.
- Stealth: Wilder is able to sneak up on people without being noticed, such as when she snuck up on two masked thugs during her first time wearing the Batsuit.
- Bilingualism: Wilder is fluent in English and is aware of basic French.
Former Weaknesses[edit source]
- Green Kryptonite Poisoning: Wilder was poisoned after being shot with a kryptonite bullet by Tommy Elliot which resulted in her being unable to move her body without tremendous pain. She was able to heal herself after injecting a serum made from a Desert Rose.
Current Equipment[edit source]
- Van: Wilder owns a van that she used to live in.
- Batmobile: Wilder drives the Batmobile which is a high tech sports car which was previously used by Batman.
- Batsuit: Wilder wears a protective suit whilst operating as Batwoman.
- Battech: Wilder utilizes a number of high tech gadgets when operating as Batwoman.
- Utility Belt: The Batsuits has a red utility belt which holds most of Wilder's bat-gadgets.
- Batarangs: Wilder uses a number of bat-shaped shurikens as projectile weapons.
- Bo-Staff: Wilder uses a bo-staff for close-ranged combat.
- EMP Grenades: Wilder used an EMP grenade to disable Sophie and Jacob's handcuffs while on Coryana.
- Glasses: Wilder used a pair of glasses which were able to send images back to the Batcave.
- Grappling Gun: Wilder uses a grappling gun to scale and swing from buildings.
- Laser Saw: Wilder used the laser saw to open a chain on a medicine cabinet in Mary's clinic.
- Parachute: Wilder used a red and black parachute when landing in Coryana.
- Sniffer: Wilder used a sniffer to find out information from Victor Zsasz.
- Drive Assist Battech: While disguising herself as a driver for the False Face Society, Wilder was given an assist Battech to pose as a skilled driver. The gadget was later retrieved by Sophie Moore and was decoded, revealing Wilder's identity to Moore.
- Line Launcher: Wilder utilized a zip line baton that allows her to travel between short distances.
- Net Gun: When battling Killer Croc 2.0, Wilder used a Net Gun to stable him on the wall and apprehended him.
- Freeze Grenade: Wilder used a grenade filled with Freeze Serum to apprehend Tanner Freyr.
- Battech: Wilder utilizes a number of high tech gadgets when operating as Batwoman.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Plant: Wilder was given a potted desert rose plant as a gift from Angelique Martin.
- Wilder was inmate number 4075 while incarcerated at Blackgate Penitentiary.
- Wilder hates bats.
- Wilder's favorite color is yellow.
- Wilder's favorite animal is a snow leopard.
- Wilder had never been on a plane before she went to Coryana.
- Luke made a fake driving license for Wilder as "Robyn Wilde".
- Wilder is vegan.
- Wilder's hatred for bats is an indirect reference to Bruce Wayne's fear of bats in the comics.
- The scene of Wilder being saved from thugs by Batwoman on Halloween night in Prior Criminal History is inspired by Detective Comics #859 where Kate Kane was saved from being raped by Batman.
- The character description for Ryan Wilder is the following: "Ryan Wilder is about to become Batwoman. She's likable, messy, a little goofy and untamed. She's also nothing like Kate Kane, the woman who wore the Batsuit before her. With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. Today Ryan lives in her van with her plant. A girl who would steal milk for an alley cat and could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly undisciplined. An out lesbian. Athletic. Raw. Passionate. Fallible. And very much not your stereotypical all-American hero."
Promotional Images[edit source]
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Whatever Happened to Kate Kane?
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Arrive Alive
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Kane, Kate
- ↑ Antifreeze
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Trust Destiny
- ↑ Mad as a Hatter
- ↑ Power
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 Prior Criminal History
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Fair Skin, Blue Eyes
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 10.7 Survived Much Worse
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Do Not Resuscitate
- ↑ 12.00 12.01 12.02 12.03 12.04 12.05 12.06 12.07 12.08 12.09 12.10 12.11 12.12 12.13 Bat Girl Magic!
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 13.4 Gore on Canvas
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 It's Best You Stop Digging
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 15.6 Rule #1
- ↑ Broken Toys
- ↑ Time Off for Good Behavior
- ↑ I'll Give You a Clue
- ↑ Loose Tooth
- ↑ Flesh and Mud
- ↑ A Lesson from Professor Pyg
|Other versions of Ryan Wilder|