|“||I'm strong, proud. And I chose myself to be Doctor Mid-Nite.||”|
— Beth Chapel[src]
Beth Chapel is a student at Blue Valley High School. Chapel is also the daughter of James and Bridget Chapel.
After witnessing Courtney Whitmore and Yolanda Montez's actions as Stargirl and Wildcat, Chapel's curiosity led her to find Charles McNider's advanced goggles and confronting both Courtney and Yolanda. As a result, Chapel took up the mantle of Doctor Mid-Nite and joined the new Justice Society of America with the assistance of Chuck, McNider's artificial intelligence. Chuck was later damaged by Icicle while Chapel repaired the goggles' major functions. Unsuccessful reboots led Chapel to discover McNider's survival during the battle against the Injustice Society of America years ago, and was given the message of Eclipso's arrival.
|Note:||This section is a stub. Click the edit button to the right of the section title to expand it.|
Early Life[edit source]
Beth Chapel was born on May 15, 2004, in Omaha General Hospital to Dr. Bridget and James Chapel. She grew up in Blue Valley and was very close to her parents doing everything together such as creating a huge ant farm replica of Manhattan.
During seventh grade, Chapel was bullied by Artemis Crock in gym class using balls.
Blue Valley High School[edit source]
As a teenager, Chapel began to attend Blue Valley High School and her parents grew more distant as they wanted to get back to their lives, which was difficult for her. To deal with this, she began throwing herself into schoolwork and created the Blue Valley High School Teachers Appreciation Club, where she is the only member. This combined with her outgoing personality resulted in her becoming a social outcast at school.
Meeting Courtney[edit source]
In 2020, Chapel was eating lunch alongside Rick Tyler and Yolanda Montez when they were joined by Courtney Whitmore. Courtney introduced herself to the group and Chapel responded by introducing herself as well before telling her that they were sitting at the "losers table" and that the group weren't friends after she tried to start a conversation.
Becoming Doctor Mid-Nite[edit source]
The Goggles[edit source]
The First Mission[edit source]
Investigation of Cindy Burman[edit source]
The Shining Knight[edit source]
Final Showdown[edit source]
The Darkness Within[edit source]
Parent's Divorce[edit source]
Five months after Christmas, Chapel went on patrol with the JSA for 7 days a week. However, Rich, Yolanda and her attempted to take a break as they thought they were protecting a town that did not need protection at the time.
On the following day, Chapel made breakfast for her parents and found a letter of their divorce. She then went to school looking upset, telling her friends that it was simply "last day of school blues". Returned to home, Chapel prepared a romantic dinner for her parents and realized they were too busy to return. Chuck later rebooted itself, with Chapel trying to remember the A.I. about her identity. Unfortunately, the goggles were too damaged to do so, leaving Chapel alone once more.
Meeting Jennie[edit source]
The Shade[edit source]
The Devil in the Shadows[edit source]
No More Wildcat[edit source]
Reality and Illusions[edit source]
Doctor Mid-Nite Jr.[edit source]
Good, Bad and Evil[edit source]
Murder Mystery[edit source]
Heroes and Villains[edit source]
Skin Cells[edit source]
Family First[edit source]
Unidentified Feed[edit source]
Operation: Blackout Bomb[edit source]
Blue Valley Infiltrated[edit source]
Having Stargirl's Back[edit source]
Death of the Crocks[edit source]
Hourman's Limits[edit source]
Battle for the Cosmic Staff[edit source]
JSA Adventures[edit source]
Nite-Lite and Hootie[edit source]
Ten Years Later[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Doctor Mid-Nite Suit Capabilities: Chapel has access to numerous abilities through the use of her suit and goggles, such as enhanced vision, x-ray vision, night vision, infrared vision, holographic projection, recognition, lie detection, weather prediction and decryption.
- Cape Shield: Chapel is able to protect herself from different forms of attack, including an ice blast from Sofus Mahkent, with the durable cape that can serve as a protective shield.
- Enhanced Vision: Using the Doctor Mid-Nite Goggles, Chapel's vision is gradually improved and no longer required to wear glasses.
- Glove Defibrillators: The gloves of the suit is designed with a pair of defibrillators, allowing Chapel to resuscitate Sofus Mahkent when he had an heart attack.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Through the untested programs within the goggles, Chapel, while does not have any form of combat training, was able to learn and perform combat techniques through the guidance of Chuck.
- High-level Intellect: Chapel is highly intelligent, having a 4.4 weighted GPA. She was also able to repair the goggles, which were designed by Dr. Charles McNider.
Former Weaknesses[edit source]
- Athlemaphobia: When Chapel was in seventh grade, she was afraid of flying balls in gym class, most notably thrown by Artemis Crock.
Current Equipment[edit source]
- Doctor Mid-Nite Suit: Chapel wears a protective suit whilst operating as Doctor Mid-Nite.
- Doctor Mid-Nite Goggles: Chapel wears a pair of goggles which have access to an advanced A.I. system nicknamed "Chuck".
- Chapel has 4.4 weighted GPA, 4.0 unweighted.
- Chapel lives in the Chapel Residence, 1980 West Avenue, Blue Valley, Nebraska 68066.