- For other uses of Green Lantern, see Green Lantern (Disambiguation).
|“||And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light, the light of the Green Lantern!||”|
— Green Lantern[src]
Alan Scott was the owner of Scott Telecommunications and the father of Todd Rice and Jennie-Lynn Hayden. In secret, he was the vigilante known as Green Lantern and a member of the Justice Society of America.
At some point, Alan Scott became the owner of a television broadcasting company called Scott Telecommunications. He later acquired a Starheart Lantern and Ring, which he used to become the vigilante known as Green Lantern.
Scott later joined the Justice Society of America and faced numerous supervillains whilst on the team, including Sportsmaster, who he fought on numerous occasions several decades ago, and Blackbriar Thorn, who he destroyed in 1988.
During the Justice Society's conflict with Eclipso, Scott, alongside the Spectre, Doctor Fate, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, fought the villain, but they were unsuccessful in their attempt to defeat him. This resulted in numerous other members of the team voting to kill his host Bruce Gordon, a decision which led to the Justice Society drifting apart. In 2002, Scott had two twins named Jennie-Lynn Hayden and Todd Rice.
After the reformation of the Injustice Society of America, the Justice Society reformed in turn to prevent them from enacting Project: New America. On December 24, 2010, the Justice Society were lured into a battle at an abandoned mansion in Los Angeles, in which Scott was blasted through the roof and is currently believed to have died alongside most of the team. After his apparent death, his children were placed in foster care, his ring was left for Jennie to be given on her eighteenth birthday, and his lantern was placed in the JSA Headquarters by Pat Dugan.
- Powers via the Starheart Power Ring: Scott was granted various superhuman powers whilst wielding the Starheart Power Ring.
- Leadership: Scott was an adept leader due to his experience as the owner of Scott Telecommunications.
- Charging Requirement: Scott had to charge the Starheart Power Ring once per day in order to use it.
- Starheart Lantern: Scott used a lantern to charge the Starheart Power Ring.
- Starheart Power Ring: Scott used a power ring that allowed him to create constructs made of green energy.
- Green Lantern Suit: Scott wore a protective suit whilst operating as Green Lantern.
|Shiv Part One||Mentioned|
|Summer School: Chapter One||Mentioned|
|Summer School: Chapter Two||Mentioned|
|Summer School: Chapter Three||Pictured (Flashback)|
|Summer School: Chapter Nine||Mentioned (Flashback)|
|Summer School: Chapter Ten||Pictured|
|Summer School: Chapter Twelve||Mentioned|
|Summer School: Chapter Thirteen||Mentioned|
|Chapter Three: The Blackmail||Mentioned|
|Chapter Four: The Evidence||Mentioned|
|Chapter Seven: Infinity Inc. Part One||Mentioned (Flashback)|
|Chapter Eight: Infinity Inc. Part Two||Mentioned|
|Chapter Twelve: The Last Will and Testament of Sylvester Pemberton||Mentioned|
|Chapter Thirteen: The Reckoning||Name Seen (Flashforward)|
Justice Society of America
|Other versions of Alan Scott|