|“||Friends, brothers, men of Gotham. I have funded you. I've protected you. I scratched your backs and kept you outta jail. Well, now it's time to say thank you. Go show those little bitches you don't mess with Roman Sionis.||”|
— Roman Sionis[src]
Roman Sionis was a member of the wealthy Sionis family and the owner of the Black Mask Club. For fifteen years, Sionis worked on building his own criminal organization in Gotham City's East End as Black Mask, eventually becoming one of the most intimidating crime lord of the city.
|Note:||This section is a stub. Click the edit button to the right of the section title to expand it.|
Early Life[edit source]
At some point, Sionis was born to the wealthy Sionis family in Gotham City.
Sionis would become an ally of the Joker by fear, and had to endure Harley Quinn in order to avoid Joker's wrath.
Searching the Bertinelli Diamond[edit source]
In 2020, Sionis invited Mr. Keo the leader of the Golden Lions to his Club. He felt frustrated when he refused to join him after a generous offer. That same night, Harley Quinn came to have fun and accidentally broke his driver's leg. Sionis fearing that Harley would tell Joker that he was wrong to kick her out of the club, fired on the spot his driver instead. The next morning, he witnessed Dinah Lance saving Harley from thugs by fighting them. Impressed by her skills, Sionis asked his right man Zsasz to promote Dinah from singer to his own personal driver. Later, he had Mr. Keo captured alongside his wife and daughter. After giving a speech about Keo's mistake, Szasz killed Keo by ripping off his face. Initially, Sionis only wanted to kill Keo and his wife because it was already a good message, but he changed his mind when the daughter thanked him but accidentally blew a snot bubble. He went back to the car where Dinah waited as his new driver. The following morning, he was having breakfast with Zsasz and learned that despite Keo's death having a positive impact on his project, the crossbow killed struck again and killed Rossi and his men. Furious, he complained about how the crossbow killer didn't respect any of his rules and why he doesn't even own the crossbow at this point. As Dinah arrives, Sionis greeted her and showed her a few of his collection trying to impress her despite Zsasz frustration. When Zsasz informed him that Harley officially broke up with the Joker, Sionis saw an opportunity for revenge and ordered Zsasz to find her.
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Marksmanship: Sionis is proficient in the use of handguns as shown when he shot Renee Montoya from a distance.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Sionis has some experience in hand-to-hand combat as shown when he overpowered Cassandra Cain when she tried to wrestle his gun away.
- Knife Fighting: Sionis was an adept knife wielder as shown through his numerous interrogations of various enemies.
- Business Acumen: Sionis was able to successfully run his nightclub and the Janus Corporation.
- Tactics: Sionis was able to divert the police's attention away from his criminal activities and trick Harley Quinn into shooting a statue instead of him, proving him to be a skilled tactician.
- Leadership: Sionis ran his nightclub, the Janus Corporation and his criminal organization at once.
- Intimidation: Sionis was skilled in intimidation as he was capable of striking fear into both his allies and enemies through the use of his mask.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Acupuncture Models: Sionis had multiple acupuncture models of himself and other ancient figures.
- Black Skull Mask: Sionis wore a mask to hide his identity when operating as Black Mask.
- Chokwe Mask: Sionis had a Chokwe mask in his collection.
- Curved Folding Knife: Sionis carried a curved folding knife around for when he interrogated people such as when he took Cassandra Cain hostage.
- Handgun: Sionis carried around a handgun that he used as his main weapon when operating as Black Mask.
- Tsantsa: Sionis had a tsantsa ornament in his living room.
|Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)||Appears|
|Other versions of Roman Sionis|