|“||The future is full of marvels.||”|
— Charles McNider to Rip Hunter[src]
Charles McNider was a member of the Justice Society of America known as Doctor Mid-Nite.
|Note:||This section is a stub. Click the edit button to the right of the section title to expand it.|
Spear of Destiny[edit source]
In 1956, Rip Hunter acquired the Spear of Destiny. Frightened by the powers of the Spear, he split the Spear into 4 pieces and gave to the members of the Justice Society, including Charles McNider, and sent him to 3000 for the safekeeping of his fragment of the Spear.
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Infrared Vision: McNider possessed the superhuman ability to see in complete darkness, while retaining his blindness when there is the presence of light. This ability was used most prominently when he fought alongside Todd Rice, Obsidian, who could create the required environments for McNider to use his abilities.
- Retinal Blast: McNider was able to make Ray Palmer back off and shield his eyes with a simple stare.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: As a former member of the Justice Society, McNider was shown to be a keen combatant in the field.
- Engineering: McNider was able to quickly adapt to the futuristic environment of the year 3000 and became experienced in the engineering of cybernetic implants.
- Darkness Dependency: As McNider's ability can only be used when he is in complete darkness, the presence of light can easily inhibit his superhuman abilities.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Doctor Mid-Nite Suit: As Doctor Mid-Nite, McNider wore a brown protective suit to conceal his identity.
- Doctor Mid-Nite Goggles: McNider wore a pair of goggles to aid his vision while fighting.
|Out of Time||Appears|
|The Justice Society of America||Appears|
|Land of the Lost||Flashback|
|Other versions of Charles McNider|