"Watching the Detectives" is the third episode of the first season of The Flash, and the third episode overall. It aired on October 18, 1990.
The corrupt District Attorney Thomas Castillo hires a private eye named Megan Lockhart to find out the Flash's identity. He then blackmails Barry to work for him, or he'll expose his secret.
- The Flash (Barry Allen)
- Julio Mendez
- Tina McGee
- Megan Lockhart (first appearance)
- Fosnight (first appearance)
- Tony Bellows
- Warren Garfield
- Joe Kline
- Michael Murphy
- Sabrina (first appearance)
- Arthur Simonson
- Dark Riders (mentioned)
- Noble John Spanier
- Thomas Castillo
Other Characters[edit source]
- C. Chance (mentioned on monitor)
- Carter Hall (mentioned)
- D. Bilson (mentioned on monitor)
- Eve Allen (mentioned)
- G. Trikonis (mentioned on monitor)
- H. Chaykin (mentioned on monitor)
- Henry Allen (mentioned)
- Jay Allen (mentioned)
- Judith (first appearance)
- M. Lacoe (mentioned on monitor)
- P. DeMeo (mentioned on monitor)
- Paul Van Duzer (mentioned)
- Sadie Grosso (first appearance)
- Shawn Allen (mentioned)
- Sherry (mentioned; first appearance)
Teams and Organizations[edit source]
- Central City Cable (uniform)
- Dark Riders (mentioned in newspaper)
- FBI (mentioned)
- Lockhart Investigations
Objects and Concepts[edit source]
- Megan Lockhart's Truck
- When Tina calls her assistant, Tina mentions someone called Dr. Carter Hall, a reference to the DC comic character Hawkman.
- When Megan Lockhart had access to the Star Labs administrator monitor, name such as D. Bilson, H. Chaykin, P. DeMeo, M. Lacoe and G. Trikonis appeared. Those are respectively the name of the show's producer and writers Danny Bilson, Howard Chaykin, Paul De Meo, Michael Lacoe and Gus Trikonis.
- C. Chance is the only character that isn't based on someone who worked on the show.
- The location of Marco's Billiards is shown on a newspaper. Interestingly, the location is introduced in the next episode.
- This episode introduces Sabrina, Fosnight and Megan Lockhart one of the show's most recurring characters.