- For other uses of Superman, see Superman (Disambiguation).
- For the upcoming episode of Superman & Lois, see "Closer".
|“||And suddenly, here I am, living in Metropolis, raising two teenage boys, married to the most famous journalist in the world, trying to make the world safer for the people I love.||”|
The series is developed by Todd Helbing and Greg Berlanti with the former serving as showrunner. The first season premiered on February 23, 2021, while the second premiered on January 11, 2022. The third season is set to premiere on March 14, 2023.
Despite initially claiming the series to be taking place within the Arrowverse, Helbing clarified that the series in fact takes place on a separate universe from Earth-Prime following the season 2 finale.
After years of facing megalomaniacal supervillains, monsters wreaking havoc on Metropolis, and alien invaders intent on wiping out the human race, the world's most famous superhero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent and comic books' most famous journalist, Lois Lane, come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever - dealing with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society. Complicating the already daunting job of raising two boys, Clark and Lois must also concern themselves with whether or not their sons Jonathan and Jordan could inherit their father's Kryptonian superpowers as they grow older. Returning to Smallville to handle some Kent family business, Clark and Lois are reacquainted with Lana Lang, a local loan officer who also happens to be Clark's first love, and her Fire Chief husband Kyle Cushing. The adults aren't the only ones rediscovering old friendships in Smallville as the Kent sons are reacquainted with Lana and Kyle's rebellious daughter, Sarah. Of course, there's never a dull moment in the life of a superhero, especially with Lois' father, General Sam Lane looking for Superman to vanquish a villain or save the day at a moment's notice. Meanwhile, Superman and Lois' return to idyllic Smallville is set to be upended when a mysterious stranger enters their lives.
Main Cast[edit source]
- Tyler Hoechlin as Superman (Clark Kent) (season 1-present)
- Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane (season 1-present)
- Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent (season 1-2)
- Alex Garfin as Jordan Kent (season 1-present)
- Erik Valdez as Kyle Cushing (season 1-present)
- Inde Navarrette as Sarah Cortez (season 1-present)
- Wolé Parks as Steel (John Henry Irons) (season 1-present)
- Adam Rayner as Morgan Edge (Tal-Rho) (season 1; recurring season 2)
- Dylan Walsh as Sam Lane (season 1-present)
- Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang Cushing (season 1-present)
- Tayler Buck as Natalie Lane Irons (season 2-present; guest season 1)
- Sofia Hasmik as Chrissy Beppo (season 2-present; recurring season 1)
- Michael Bishop as Jonathan Kent (season 3-present)
- The title is an indirect reference to the television series, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
Logos and Title Cards[edit source]
Batman: Classic TV Series • The Green Hornet • Wonder Woman • The Flash • Smallville • Birds of Prey • Constantine • Powerless • Gotham • Krypton • Swamp Thing • Arrow • Black Lightning • Lucifer • Supergirl • DC's Legends of Tomorrow • Batwoman • Naomi