- For the protective suit used by Nate Heywood, see Steel Suits (Earth-Prime).
The Steel War Suits are a series of exosuits made for combat for John Henry Irons.
First Suit[edit source]
At some time prior to 2020, John Henry Irons used the exosuit against Superman as "Captain Luthor" until the Crisis destroyed their Earth, killing Superman and brining Luthor to UE-32.
In fall 2020, John Henry Irons started using the exosuit as a combat device against Superman of UE-32. He was also able to hurt Superman with Kryptonite and dropped him back from the upper atmosphere to Earth, only for him to regain consciousness midair.
Second War Suit[edit source]
Later, Irons created a second war suit and used it while fighting both an eradicated Superman and Morgan Edge. The same war suit was severely damaged and was non-operable after battling a creature from the Shuster Mines.
The suit is an armored gray exosuit with black visors in the helmet. On the belt position, its users can utilize the Kryptonite stored against their enemy.
- Advanced Durability: Iron's war suit gives him enhanced durability which he used to fight Superman in Earth's atmosphere. The suit is able to resist both heat vision and superhuman breath.
- Cryogenic Cannons: After repairing the damage done by Bizarro, Irons installed a pair of cannons on the forearms of the war suit, making it capable of distinguishing fire in seconds.
- Flight: Luthor's exosuit allows him to fly which he used to fight and get away from Superman.
- Superhuman Reflexes: John Henry Irons was able to keep up with and dodge Superman's attacks at superhuman speeds.
- Superhuman Speed: John's war suit allowed him to travel at superhuman speeds with it even being able to travel around the Earth's upper atmosphere. After its upgrades, the war suit is able to fly at supersonic speed, keep up with Superman and create multiple sonic booms before landing at the Kent Farm.
- Superhuman Strength: Iron's war suit gives him super strength as shown when he punched Superman to the ground from in the air.
- Self-Contained Life-Support System: Irons was able to survive in outer space and battle Superman. The suit is also completely sealed for operations in vacuum and created with lead, preventing Superman's X-Ray vision.
- Sonic Blasts: When activated, the gauntlet emits a green light and shoots a sonic pulse. The pulse is able to knock several humans unconscious.
- Heads Up Display (HUD): The helmet of the suit was built with a heads-up display with scanners capable of locating Kryptonite. He later connected the war suit's system to the DOD, allowing them to monitor the suit telemetry.
- Kinetic Hammer Summoning: After creating the Kinetic Hammer and installing upgrades on his war suit, Irons is able to summon the hammer from a great distance.
- Red Solar Rocket: Irons installed the Red Solar Rocket, a state-of-the-art rocket-powered projectile, onto the gauntlets of his war suit while fighting an eradicated Superman.
- Retractable Helmet: The second war suit's helmet is able to be retracted and show John's face. Unlike its predecessor, which can only be removed completely.
- Solar Flare: Despite the presence of a Red Solar Rocket, the projectile can only be used once. Irons then installed a Solar Flare on the gauntlets of his war suit, serving as John's weapon of choice against rogue Kryptonians.
|Man of Steel||Flashback|
|Through the Valley of Death||Appears|
|Last Sons of Krypton||Appears|
|What Lies Beneath||Mentioned|
|The Thing in the Mines||Appears|
|The Inverse Method||Appears|
|30 Days and 30 Nights||Appears|
|Truth and Consequences||Appears|
|Lies That Bind||Appears|
|All Is Lost||Appears|
|Worlds War Bizarre||Appears|
|Waiting for Superman||Appears|
- The War Suit is powered by X-Kryptonite.