|“||I get why you don't think I'm ready to be Batwing because you and I and a whole lot of O.R. doctors know that I'm not even supposed to be here right now. I'm supposed to be in the ground next to you with a severed vein and 3 ruptured organs, but... thanks to some lucky, impossible, freak miracle, I'm not. I'm still here. But what if... what if it wasn't a freak miracle? What if your death wasn't a tragedy? What if all these horrible things that happened to me happened for a reason? Because that's what I'm starting to think, and... as hard as it is to say, I can't keep caring about what you would think because... Dad, I'm ready, and I love you, and I miss you, but... I can't let you hold me back anymore.||”|
— Luke Fox to Lucius Fox's grave[src]
Lucas "Luke" Fox is the son of the late Lucius Fox, the head of security of Wayne Enterprises and an ally to the Batman, and later Batwoman. During Black Mask's "evening of anarchy", Fox discovered a protective suit created by his late father based on concepts he drew as a kid. He then used the suit of armor and fought alongside the second Batwoman as Batwing.
Early Life[edit source]
Lucas "Luke" Fox was born to Lucius Fox and an unnamed woman in Gotham City, around 1994.
Father's Death[edit source]
In 2015, Fox was admitted to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His family celebrated the special event and Fox's father went out to get ice from Sip&Dash. As he left the store, Lucius was confronted by Miguel Robles, who threatened to kill Fox if Lucius did not give him his journal. Lucius refused and was killed in the encounter. Fox was then revengeful and remained determined to bring the killer to justice.
The Dark Knight[edit source]
Later, Fox found out Bruce Wayne's identity as Batman and aided him as his technological support, taking over his late father's position. Fox was also hired as the head of security of Wayne Enterprises, protecting Wayne's secrets from the outside world. Despite Wayne leaving Gotham City soon after he killed the Joker, Fox remained as the gatekeeper of Wayne Tower.
The Scarlet Knight[edit source]
Three years after Bruce left Gotham City, Fox met Kate Kane, Wayne's cousin. Later, she found out Wayne's identity as Batman and took the mantle as Batwoman to fight crime in Gotham with Fox as the tech support. Fox then altered the Batsuit to fit her and consistently modify certain parts of the suit to optimize Kane's movements.
Protecting Gotham[edit source]
Confronting the Truth[edit source]
Search for the Journal[edit source]
Protecting the Legacy[edit source]
|“||Priority number one should be saving the future of the symbol for your sake and the city's.||”|
— Fox to Ryan[src]
Rise of Snakebite[edit source]
Working with Stephanie Brown[edit source]
Armed Suspect[edit source]
Kate Kane's Betrayal[edit source]
Missing Trophies[edit source]
Mad as a Hatter[edit source]
Ice Cold Experience[edit source]
Not Ready[edit source]
A Night Out[edit source]
Mary's Trigger[edit source]
Before Sunrise[edit source]
Flesh and Mud[edit source]
Wrong Suit[edit source]
Not a Hero[edit source]
Battle at the Dam[edit source]
Having Fun[edit source]
Storming the Tower[edit source]
Joy Buzzer[edit source]
Goodbye to the A.I.[edit source]
Alternate Versions[edit source]
Reverse Flashpoint[edit source]
Possible Future[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Batwing Suit Capabilities: After discovering a protective suit built by his father years ago, Fox started using the suit and operated as the vigilante, Batwing.
- Flight: The Batwing Suit includes thrusters on the back that are capable of lifting the weight of an average human.
- Advanced Durability: The suit is able to protect Fox from falling at a tremendous height without any visible damage.
- Superhuman Strength: The suit is capable of enhancing Fox's strength, as shown when Fox sent Russell Tavaroff onto a car windshield.
- Heads Up Display (HUD): In order to monitor exterior environment and communicate with the Lucius Fox A.I., the Batwing consists of a heads-up display to show crucial information to Fox and assist him in battles.
- Genius-level Intellect: Despite not attending in MIT, Fox was shown to have a high-level intellect.
- Engineering: After gaining the Batwing Suit, Fox discovered the flaws and attempted to prevent the suit malfunctioning, which consistently happened during his battles as Batwing.
- Marksmanship: Fox was able to shoot using a firearm.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Fox was shown to be proficient in combat when fighting Russell Tavaroff.
Current Equipment[edit source]
- Batwing Suit: Fox drew concept arts of a black Batman at a young age. Afterwards, his father took the drawings as an inspiration and created a suit of armor, leading to Fox using the suit and operating as a vigilante.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- His Father's Journal:
- Green Kryptonite:
- Lightning Guns: Fox briefly used a lightning gun and protected Ryan from released criminals.
- A.I.: Serving as the suit's medical fail-safe, an artificial intelligence replica of Lucius Fox was installed to the suit and monitored Fox's vitals. The A.I. was later destroyed when Fox required it to reroute the dangerous Batblimp.
Promotional Images[edit source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "Power"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 "Mad as a Hatter"
- ↑ "How Queer Everything Is Today!"
- ↑ "Arrive Alive"
- ↑ "Trust Destiny"
- ↑ "Armed and Dangerous"
- ↑ "Toxic"
- ↑ "We're All Mad Here"
- ↑ "Time Off for Good Behavior"
- ↑ "Loose Tooth"
- ↑ "We Having Fun Yet?"
|Other versions of Luke Fox|