|“||Life is unpredictable. The world is unpredictable. There will always be a threat. You have to seize the joy when you can.||”|
— Kara Zor-El[src]
Kara Danvers, born as Kara Zor-El, is one of the last survivors of Krypton and the current editor-in-chief of CatCo Worldwide Media. Kara is also the daughter of Zor-El and Alura Zor-El, and the cousin of Kal-El, Superman. After crashing on Earth from her escape from Krypton's destruction, Kara became the adopted daughter of Jeremiah and Eliza Danvers, as well as the adoptive sister of Alex Danvers.
Originally sent to protect his cousin who was sent to Earth a moment before their home planet's destruction, Kara was trapped in Phantom Zone for years and arrived to her destination afterwards. However, her cousin already grew up and became the vigilante Superman. Kara lived in the shadows and hid her identity as a Kryptonian for decades as Kara Danvers.
Unfortunately, an incident involving her adoptive sister forced her to step out to the light and reveal her existence. She then donned the alter ego Supergirl and worked alongside the DEO as well as the Super Friends.
Early Life[edit source]
|“||My name is Kara Zor-El. When I was younger, my home planet was dying. Saving it was hopeless. My father sent me to Earth to take care of my baby cousin who went before me...and I thought we were the only two survivors and that everyone else from our planet was dead.||”|
— Kara Zor-El to Nyxly[src]
During the destruction of Krypton, a young Kara Zor-El was sent by her parents to Earth in an escape pod. She was sent to protect her baby cousin, Kal-El, who was sent moments before her.
|“||When I landed on Earth, I was alone. My adoptive mother raised me as her own, with kindness and compassion. And my sister, she showed me what it truly means to be strong. To love so fiercely, it hurts. She taught me what it means to be human. She was my first companion on this planet. Without her, I wouldn't be the hero, the person I am today.||”|
— Kara's recording[src]
However, her pod was knocked off course and was stuck in the Phantom Zone for years. Later, her pod was reactivated and arrived on Earth in 2003, with her cousin already grown up to be Superman. She was then adopted by the Danvers family and was raised in Midvale.
On May 10, 2008, Danvers had her first kiss with Kenny Li.
Luckiest Town in America[edit source]
|“||When I left for college, Danvers and her boyfriend, Kenny Li, appointed themselves the town's Scooby-Duo. They were saving cats from trees and kids from wells, that sort of thing, and the, uh, town got quite the reputation.||”|
— Alex Danvers[src]
At some point prior to 2009, Danvers and Li started helping the people in need. Their actions were then reported by The Midvale Weekly, which nicknamed Midvale as the "luckiest town in America". However, the specific actions of them were not reported and were considered miracles.
On May 25, 2009, Danvers, Li and Alex had dinner. Alex then talked to Danvers about her struggle between going to Midvale College or National City University, where she was accepted. Danvers and Li were interrupted by a crashing aircraft and attempted to sneak out in front of Alex. Alex was able to see through their attempt of lying and offered them a ride.
Arrived back in the Midvale High's baseball diamond field center field, Danvers heard two unknown individuals saying her name. Danvers then assumed they are psychic aliens, with them confirming her assumption. However, their spacecraft was damaged on impact and Danvers and Li performed "Groundhog Day" and hid the spacecraft under the field. Danvers and Li later offered "Brenda" and "Brandon" to sleep in their respective houses for the night.
Before they sleep, Danvers and "Brenda" talked about their respective past on a damaged planet. They then showed each other their powers with Danvers levitating next to "Brenda"'s bubble. They were quickly interrupted by Alex, who scolded them and told them to go to sleep.
The next day, Danvers, "Brenda" and Alex went to Midvale College using Eliza's I.D. card. They then sneaked into the exhibit as Alex talks to reporter CJ Grant. "Brenda" used her powers and unlocked the box to the Dysprosium. hiding it in Danvers' backpack. As they leave the university, they were confronted by an unmanned tank truck about to hit the school bus ahead. Alex drove her car towards the truck and allowed Danvers and "Brenda" to climb onto the truck, trying to stop it. However, the brakes and gear stick does not work. "Brenda" then told Danvers to ice breath the wheels and slow it down, eventually preventing them from being shot by a cloaked alien ship. "Brandon" then quickly arrived, later leaving with them on Alex's car.
Later, Alex scolded Danvers on being irresponsible and how she had sacrificed countless things for Danvers. She also told her that if she wants to show her that she is responsible, she should tell Li that she was accepted in NCU. Danvers then stormed off to the woods, where Kenny led her to old man Watson's barn. Li then showed her the bunker he made for her, with a log where they had their first kiss on. Kenny then told her that this is what they will do forever, with Danvers hesitating on telling the truth to Li.
Meteor Shower of '09[edit source]
Hope, Help and Compassion for All[edit source]
In 2015, Danvers debuted as Supergirl during saving Flight 237 and became the vigilante of National City. A year later, Danvers started to team up with The Flash and fought together. During the process, Danvers worked under DEO supervision and was trained by her sister, with one of the trainings involving blindfolding Danvers under Kryptonite emitters.
At some point, Danvers fought against Red Tornado and used her powers on the maximum scale.
In 2016, Danvers met Lena Luthor for the first time and started a friendship with her. Danvers also met Mon-El, a Daxamite who was sent to Earth during the destruction of Krypton due to Daxam's close distance to Krypton.
On February 13, 2017, Mxyzptlk proclaims his love for Danvers and was tricked to be banished back to the Fifth Dimension by Danvers.
In 2018, Mon-El returned from the future with his Legion and fought with Danvers against Reign.
In 2019, Danvers and her team fought against Leviathan and thwarted them for several months, only for them to return with Lex Luthor's assistance.
In January 2020, Danvers fought against a White Martian and was reported by CatCo Worldwide Media.
Crisis on Infinite Earths[edit source]
In January 2020, Danvers woke up in her loft and nearly shot her sister using her heat vision. She was then confused by the recreation of the Multiverse and Nia Nal called her about the Peace Award Ceremony, reminding her of going to cover the story. She then arrived to the ceremony using her super speed, only to realize her enemy as well as former situational ally, Lex Luthor was the award recipient.
After the ceremony, Danvers returned to the DEO Headquarters and found out that in the new world the DEO was part of Luthor Corp. Frustrated by the change and informed by J'onn, Danvers left to the pier and fought a Metahuman criminal known as Weather Witch. As Danvers gets shot by her staff, The Flash arrives and defeated Joslyn for the NCPD to arrest her.
The two were then approached by a fan, Marv, who asked them for signatures. They then realized that their respective home universes merged, and they had been working together since early 2016.
Surprised by the new information, Danvers and Barry went to Star City to check if Oliver is part of the universe. However, they were informed that even Oliver exists in the new world, his death remains a constant and inevitable. As they mourn, the team was informed that a giant Beebo attacked the city. Danvers, Barry and Ray then suited up for the battle and eventually realized that he was, in fact, a distraction for Sargon the Sorcerer's bank robbery.
Returned to the Bunker for celebration, the team was approached by Nash Wells and found out that the Anti-Monitor is still alive. The field vigilantes then alerted the others in the city and fought against Anti-Monitor. During the fight, Kal was caught in the Anti-Monitor's hand and Danvers attempted to speed up midair. Before she could attack, Ray arrived with the Shrinking Bomb and Danvers was able to successfully defeat the Anti-Monitor once and for all.
Danvers, Alex and Kate then returned to the former's loft for Oliver's moment of silence.
Some time later at the Hall, Danvers and the others honored Oliver's sacrifice. Later, Barry showed the others that he intended to turn the hall into a base for future crossovers and formed "Justice League".
Luthor and Leviathan[edit source]
Brainiac 5s of the Multiverse[edit source]
Weeks after the Crisis, several Brainiac 5s from the Original Multiverse were found on Earth-Prime after being sent prior to their deaths. Danvers then assisted their settlement on Earth-Prime, only to realize one of them was attempting to release his Earth in the new world. Danvers then fought against him and Querl Dox was able to convince him to stay in the bottle until they are able to figure a way to release it without destroying their original Earth.
Toyman Fiasco[edit source]
Later, another refugee was found on Earth-Prime with an agenda to restore the name of Toyman. As he caused several changes to history and damaged the name of Winn Schott, the Winn of Earth-Prime returned from the future and fought against his evil counterpart. Danvers then met her old friend and assisted his fight, eventually deleting the digital form of Toyman from existence.
Facing her Past[edit source]
Later, Danvers was approached by Mxyzptlk to change her past friendship with Lena. Danvers then attempted to fix several milestones in their relationship but often resulted in her death. They then attempted to change for the final time and Mxy showed Danvers the timeline she wanted, only to realize that it resulted in a dystopian world and the Super Friends became a group of resistance. However, the lack of Fifth Dimension energy affected Mxy's abilities to return home. Danvers then arrived in the Tower and asked for her teammates' help. The team then split into three groups, one with Mxy to find the Fifth Dimension Hat, one to buy time at Lena's base, and one to fight back a ruthless Brainy and Reign. With Mxy regaining his powers, he sent Danvers and himself back to the loft.
After the exhausting experience, Danvers decided the best way is to leave the timeline as what it is and talk to Lena.
When Danvers was asked by her boss, Lex Luthor, to be the bodyguard of Andrea Rojas, Danvers was forced to protect Andrea at any times. She then fought the wife of an Obsidian Platinum addict. Danvers then convinced her to stop and give up.
After Nia Nal attempted to kill a hate group leader targeting transgender individuals, Danvers convinced her to bring him to justice instead of commit murder.
Friendship with Lena[edit source]
After realizing Danvers needed her help to defeat Lex and Leviathan, Lena offered to repair their friendship and work together once more. They then called in the Super Friends for team briefing and attacked Leviathan. Danvers then chose to enter Obsidian Platinum and talk to individuals stuck in the platform after knowing Leviathan has Kryptonite. She was then nearly assassinated by Acrata, only to be defended by Lena and later restored their friendship.
As Gamemnae attacked Nia and Brainy, Danvers and the Super Friends arrived on the Leviathan Ship. Danvers then fought against Gamemnae and was assisted by Alex, who gave her the Anti-Life Equation in order to defeat Gamemnae. The team returned to Tower and discussed the plan to defeat Lex. Knowing his motive is to rid Kryptonians from Earth, Danvers sent a hologram message to him, promising him her own life in exchange for his pause on the plan.
With her restored friendship with Lena, Danvers trusted her and gave her the Myriad as a method to restore those affected by the "I Love Lexi" program. Danvers later recorded a message using the crystals in the Fortress of Solitude, only to be interrupted by Lex Luthor. She then fought against him and easily took the upper hand. However, Lex's Kryptonite reserve was able to defeat Danvers and knocked her unconscious. Unbeknownst to Lex, Danvers and Lena prepared the Kryptosuit after being defeated. Lex then confronted the whole team of Super Friends and a recovering Danvers. Despite their battle going according to their plan, Lex was able to take the Phantom Zone Projector and shoot Danvers, sending her to the Phantom Zone before being depowered by Alex.
Trapped in the Phantom Zone[edit source]
Upon arriving in the Phantom Zone, Danvers was immediately approached and approached by countless Phantoms. Luckily, she was saved by a man with the House of El emblem. She then woke up from the attack, realizing her savior was her father, Zor-El, who survived the destruction of Krypton. Despite his discouragement of not standing up to the Phantoms, Danvers did not listen and fought them without a plan, eventually rescued by her father again.
Hours later, Danvers successfully convinced her father to fight the Phantoms. They then left his hideout, witnessing Phantoms opening portals to another section of the Phantom Zone. They then grabbed a Phantom and travelled on their back, landing while injuring herself in the process.
New Ally[edit source]
Struggling to walk in pain, several bandits kidnapped her father and was approached by Nyxly, a Fifth Dimensional Imp. Her injuries were then treated by Nyxly and the latter told Danvers that her injuries would not heal in the Phantom Zone. They then exchanged their stories prior to their arrival in the Phantom Zone. As she rested, Nyxly reminded herself of Danvers's speech and broke free of her Shackles, freeing herself from her past and restored her powers. She quickly restarted the fire and healed Danvers's leg, allowing them to teleport to the Shadow Lake and rescue Zor-El.
Now with Nyxly, they escaped from the bandits and walked to the Anchor that links the Phantom Zone to the rest of the universe. However, the mirror intended to open a portal back to Earth was damaged. The trio then worked together and found another mirror in the storage. However, Zor-El was injured by "Scar", who in fact was Nyxly in disguise. Zor-El ordered Danvers to leave without him as he was a liability. Danvers and Nyxly then left to replace the damaged mirror, only to realize the latter was the attacker of Zor-El. Danvers and Nyxly then fought against each other, with Nyxly telling her that there is no way to defeat her as Danvers does not possess any powers without a yellow sun. Fortunately, Danvers was able to destroy the final mirror and activated self-destruct during the fight. As she escaped the Anchor, Nyxly was left behind and Danvers brought Zor-El to safety.
Rescued by Family[edit source]
As the father-daughter duo walked together, they were approached by Phantoms and gave Danvers a Fear Vision, discouraging her of leaving the Phantom Zone. Thankfully, Zor-El was able to restore Danvers's mind. As countless Phantoms swarmed in, Danvers and Zor-El were hit with a blinding yellow light while regaining full strength. As they slowly recover from the injuries during the residency, Tower flew in and Danvers brought Zor-El on board. Reunited with his family and friends, Danvers quickly hugged Alex and left the Phantom Zone.
Home Sweet Home[edit source]
Second Chances[edit source]
Failure in the System[edit source]
Mxy vs. Nyxly[edit source]
Blind Spots[edit source]
Brighter than the Sun[edit source]
Nightmares in National City[edit source]
Nyxly & Lex[edit source]
Truth or Consequences[edit source]
Tired of the Battle[edit source]
History Books[edit source]
|“||I know there are so many factors that can cause people to not feel their power, but I'm here to remind you that none of those things hold a candle...to the power every single one of you possesses within. I thought I was supposed to save everyone. But I see now, there's only one way for this world to heal and flourish: By all of us working together as a team. When each of us contributes our unique gifts to the world with a full heart, together, we will shine. The power of one individual is enough to move mountains. If we can all tap into the deepest truths of our soul, and own our magnificence, together, we will defeat the powers of darkness. Together... we will be unstoppable. Together... we will create a better world.||”|
— Supergirl's speech[src]
Possible Future[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
|“||The thing about Kryptonians is we get our powers when there's a yellow sun around, like there is here on Earth. We can fly, we have heat vision, which some people might think is scary, but let me tell you a secret. It really comes in handy when you want to make a cup of hot chocolate.||”|
- Kryptonian Physiology: Danvers's Kryptonian physiology grants her a variety of superpowers when exposed to a yellow sun.
- Solar Energy Absorption: Kryptonians are able to absorb solar energy from yellow suns and convert the energy as strength for powers.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Danvers is able to heal at a superhuman speed as shown when he quickly recovered from suffocation caused by Kryptonite.
- Atmospheric Adaption: Danvers is able to breathe in space.
- Flight: Danvers has the ability to fly at supersonic speeds as shown when she charged towards the Anti-Monitor.
- Levitation: Danvers has the ability to levitate while flying.
- Freeze Breath: Danvers is able to freeze objects using his breath.
- Heat Vision: Danvers can emit blue energy beams from her eyes that will burn almost anything it touches.
- Invulnerability: Danvers is invulnerable to almost all forms of physical damage except for Kryptonite.
- Superhuman Leaping: Danvers is able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Danvers is able to respond to attacks much faster than an average person.
- Superhuman Speed: Danvers is able to move and fly so fast that she can break the sound barrier. She was also told to be flying at Mach 4.
- Superhuman Stamina: Danvers is able to fly for long periods of time without being tired.
- Superhuman Strength: Danvers has superhuman levels of strength as shown when she easily hit a Dominator.
- Thunderclap: When Danvers claps his hands, she sends a strong shockwave in all directions and knocks Humans unconscious.
- Superhuman Vision: Danvers has heightened eyesight with both telescopic and x-ray vision.
- Solar Energy Absorption: Kryptonians are able to absorb solar energy from yellow suns and convert the energy as strength for powers.
Former Powers[edit source]
- Powers via the Humanity Totem: In order to battle Nyxly and Lex Luthor, Danvers used the Humanity Totem to protect herself from the powerful Magic of the other AllStone Totems.
- Forcefield Generation: Combining the energy of the Humanity Totem and J'onn's Courage Totem, Danvers is able to generate a strong forcefield to protect herself.
- Energy Blast: Danvers was able to create blue energy blasts of the Humanity Totem and easily incapacitate her opponents.
- Bilingualism: Living on Krypton during her early years, Danvers is able to fluently speak English and Kryptonese.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Danvers is an expert in hand-to-hand combat and was able to take on a Dominator.
- Journalism: Danvers is an expert reporter while working for CatCo Worldwide Media for many years. She has also won several Pulitzer awards over the years.
- Kryptonite: Like all Kryptonians, Danvers is susceptible to all forms of Kryptonite with it being one of the only things that can kill him.
- Green Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite is a form of Kryptonite that will make Danvers, and all other Kryptonians, sick and eventually kill her when exposed to it for a long enough amount of time.
- Lead: Danvers is unable to see through lead.
Current Equipment[edit source]
- Supergirl Suit: Danvers wears a protective suit while fighting crime as Supergirl.
- Kryptosuit: When Leviathan acquired Green Kryptonite, Danvers was unable to fight them until Lena Luthor made an Anti-Kryptonite exosuit for her.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Glasses: Danvers wore a pair of glasses to conceal her identity as Supergirl.
- Humanity Totem: In order to battle Nyxly and Lex Luthor, Danvers used the Humanity Totem to protect herself from the powerful Magic of the other AllStone Totems.
Promotional Images[edit source]
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Five
- ↑ Kara
- ↑ In Prom Again!, Danvers claims to be 17 years old in 2009. In Rebirth, she was said to be stuck in the Phantom Zone for nearly a decade. This places Danvers' escape from Krypton in 1982. However, Danvers was approximately 13 years old when she left Krypton, this places her birth in 1969.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Phantom Menaces
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Rebirth
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Welcome Back, Kara!
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 Prom Night!
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Lost Souls
- ↑ Marathon
- ↑ Still I Rise
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 It's a Super Life
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 The Bottle Episode
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Back from the Future: Part One
- ↑ Back from the Future: Part Two
- ↑ The Bodyguard
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Reality Bytes
- ↑ The Missing Link
- ↑ 18.00 18.01 18.02 18.03 18.04 18.05 18.06 18.07 18.08 18.09 18.10 Immortal Kombat
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 A Few Good Women
- ↑ Fear Knot
- ↑ Heritage
- ↑ Deus Lex Machina
- ↑ The Gauntlet
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 I Believe in a Thing Called Love
|Other versions of Kara Danvers|
- Female Characters
- Characters from Earth-Prime
- Pages with Broken File Links
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow Characters
- Batwoman Characters
- Supergirl Characters
- Arrow Characters
- The Flash (2014) Characters
- Government Agents
- Magic Users
- Comic Characters