|“||A man dressed like a clown... green hair, purple suit, big, ugly smile...||”|
Jack Napier was the criminal known as the Joker. He was the arch-enemy of Batman for many years before being killed by him in 2015.
Early Life[edit source]
After an incident involving acid, Jack Napier's physical appearance and mental state were altered, resulting in him becoming the criminal known as the Joker. At some point after this, he employed a woman named Kiki Roulette to design his weapons, including his acid flower, boxing glove gun, flag gun, joy buzzer, and nerve gas bombs, which he hid in his workshop in Gotham City.
Eventually, his criminal behavior caught the attention of Batman, resulting in the two becoming arch-enemies. After one encounter, Batman confiscated Joker's acid flower and stored it in the Batcave alongside the other bat-trophies.
Chaos on Bridge[edit source]
On January 26, 2003, the Joker hijacked a school bus full of children after shooting the driver in the head. A boy named Marquis Jet attempted to stop him, but the Joker just laughed and told him that he was taking them to Amusement Mile, where he would detonate an acid bomb that would rain chemicals down on the city, causing everyone to look like him. He then placed his joy buzzer on Marquis' head, which sent an electrical charge through his brain that turned off his ability to empathize with others. The bus was pursued by Batman and in an attempt to escape, the Joker rammed it into the Kane family car, resulting in the death of Gabi Kane and the subsequent kidnapping of Beth Kane. He was then apprehended by Batman, who also confiscated his joy buzzer as one of the bat-trophies, and locked in Arkham Asylum.
Later Life and Death[edit source]
Joker eventually escaped from Arkham Asylum and became an associate of Harley Quinn. At some point, he also broke into the house of a man who owned a painting containing the location of Coryana and murdered him, using his intestines to paint his own work. Later, with the assistance of Kiki Roulette, Joker beat Robin to death with a crowbar which was then put on display in his workshop. In 2015, Batman finally killed the Joker, though it is widely believed that he is still locked up in Arkham Asylum.
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Artistry: Napier was a skilled painter.
- Gadgetry: Napier was proficient in the use of several gadgets created by his toymaker, Kiki Roulette.
- Mental Instability: Napier became extremely mentally unstable following an acid-related incident, resulting in him becoming a mass murderer.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Acid Flower: Napier utilized an acid flower whilst operating as the Joker.
- BANG! Flag Gun: Napier utilized a non-lethal firearm with a flag with the word "BANG!" written on it whilst operating as the Joker.
- Boxing Glove Gun: Napier utilized a boxing glove gun whilst operating as the Joker.
- Crowbar: Napier used a crowbar to beat Robin to death with.
- Joy Buzzer: Napier utilized an electrical joy buzzer which caused severe brain damage to his victims.
- Smiley Face Nerve Gas Bombs: Napier utilized a series of gas bombs whilst operating as the Joker.
|A Narrow Escape||Mentioned|
|A Secret Kept from All the Rest||Mentioned|
|Whatever Happened to Kate Kane?||Mentioned|
|Bat Girl Magic!||Mentioned|
|Fair Skin, Blue Eyes||Mentioned|
|Gore on Canvas||Mentioned|
|Do Not Resuscitate||Mentioned|
|I'll Give You a Clue||Mentioned|
|Armed and Dangerous||Mentioned|
|A Lesson from Professor Pyg||Mentioned|
|How Does Your Garden Grow?||Name Seen|
|Pick Your Poison||Mentioned|
|Meet Your Maker||Mentioned|
|We're All Mad Here||Flashback|
|We Having Fun Yet?||Flashback|
|Other versions of Jack Napier|
Earth: 1 • 9 • UE-37