|“||You're a protector like me. It's who we are.||”|
J'onn J'onzz is a Green Martian and the vigilante known as the Martian Manhunter. J'onzz is also the son of M'yrnn J'onzz, the brother of Malefic J'onzz, the husband of M'yri'ah J'onzz, and the father of K'hym and T'ania J'onzz.
Arriving on Earth hundreds of years ago, J'onzz lived among humans using his shape-shifting abilities. He soon took the identity of Hank Henshaw and served as the director of the DEO for years until passing the position to Alex Danvers. J'onzz then used the name of John Jones and became a private investigator for aliens in need.
Martian Life[edit source]
At some point in his life, J'onzz was a part of the Martian Civil War and fought against countless White Martians. He also got married and had 2 kids, whom were killed during the war and planted aggressive thoughts in his mind. At some point, he also worked with N'orr Cott, better known as Sentinel.
Life on Earth[edit source]
In 2005, J'onzz began to impersonate Hank Henshaw after spending centuries on Earth.
Later, he became the director of the DEO and gave the position to Alex Danvers years later, retiring to be a private investigator.
At some point, J'onzz interacted with M'gann M'orzz over the latter's ex-husband, Armek.
Crisis on Infinite Earths[edit source]
|“||You nearly damned us all to Hell, Nash Wells!||”|
— J'onzz to Nash[src]
In January 2020, J'onzz went to the different locations and reunited with the Paragons while giving their companions their Pre-Crisis counterparts' memories. Among the companions, J'onzz went to S.T.A.R. Labs and found the indirect cause of the Crisis, unconscious and lying on a bed. He then waked him up and restored his memories as Pariah, allowing him to understand what he had done.
While the remaining heroes discovered that Anti-Monitor's survival, J'onzz sent out a psychic message to all heroes within the city and started to rally an army of vigilantes to fight the Anti-Monitor in Perez Landing. J'onzz, along with countless heroes, then arrived on site and fought against Shadow Demons before the Anti-Monitor's arrival. When he arrived, J'onzz shape-shifted into his true form to focus on using one power at a time. However, he was hit by the Anti-Monitor, allowing Superman to be caught. Superman was then saved by Supergirl and J'onzz was able to recover from the injury.
Some time later at the Hall, J'onzz and the others honored Oliver's sacrifice. Later, Barry showed the others that he planned on turning the hall into a base for future crossovers and formed "Justice League".
Building the Tower[edit source]
After forming the League, J'onzz returned to National City and built the Tower, a new base of operations for the Super Friends.
Luthor and Leviathan[edit source]
Toyman Fiasco[edit source]
Weeks after the Crisis, when Winn Schott returned from the future to protect his legacy, the team brought Winn to the new base and reunited with his mentor/father figure, J'onzz. J'onzz then restored Winn's Pre-Crisis counterpart's memories and caused him to vomit due to information overload in his brain.
After defeating Toyman, J'onzz bid farewell to Schott after karaoke night with the team.
Final Showdown[edit source]
After Danvers quit the DEO, J'onzz and Danvers went on to investigate the attack on Andrea Rojas. The two were then able to locate the person's lair and found out the attacker was the wife of an Obsidian Platinum addict who committed suicide, leading to her attacks. J'onzz then gave Danvers a Martian weapon in replace of her regular sidearm.
Days later, Danvers and J'onzz were sought help by Al, whose brother has been missing for days. Danvers then successfully rescued Trevor from Obsidian Platinum.
J'onzz later attended Jeremiah Danvers, an old friend, former colleague's funeral.
When Lex Luthor released a Sun-Eater as a distraction, M'gann M'orzz returned from Mars and assisted the recapture of it with J'onzz.
Soon, J'onzz began extensive training on Danvers using the Hand of the Soldier. However, her missing her past as the director of DEO caused her to lose focus and was unable to activate the hand. Danvers then left the Tower, continuing her investigation on Leviathan. Nia was then able to see the future and sent the Super Friends in a battle against Rama Khan
J'onzz then expressed his feelings for M'orzz and returned to battle. When called to Kara's loft, J'onzz disguised as Supergirl and fought several Leviathan members. He then reunited with the team at the Luthor Corp Headquarters and discussed their next move. The team split once more with Danvers, M'orzz, J'onzz and Nia fighting the elemental benders with Kara and Lena staying in Obsidian Platinum to convince those trapped to voluntarily log out of the platform. As the offense team gets overwhelmed by Leviathan, they disappeared thanks to Querl Dox.
When Nia Nal went to the Leviathan Ship and collapsed due to the radiation, J'onzz arrived with the team to the ship and fought against Gamemnae until she was defeated by Supergirl using the Anti-Life Equation.
He and the team then returned to the Tower. When the team started discovering that the satellites were about to kill those who resists the "I Love Lexi" program, J'onzz and M'orzz proposed to use the Dokri Surth-uh to be able to destroy the satellites at once by syncing his mind with M'gann's. They then executed the technique, after a few failed attempts, they were able to form a red ring around the Earth and destroy the satellites at once, rescuing those resisting Lex.
J'onzz and M'orzz then went to the Fortress of Solitude and fought Lex Luthor. Later, Lex was defeated when Alex Danvers used the Bottle of Jarhanpurian energy and took away his immortality. J'onzz was then knocked to the ground and Kara was sent to the Phantom Zone.
Returned to the Tower, J'onzz talked to Danvers, whom he gave the mantle of Sentinel to.
Leader or Father[edit source]
|“||How can you just march on like nothing is wrong?
Because marching is the only way to get her back.
— Danvers and J'onzz[src]
Rescue Mission[edit source]
Welcome Back, Kara[edit source]
Second Chances[edit source]
Mxy vs. Nyxly[edit source]
Blind Spots[edit source]
Nightmares in National City[edit source]
Courageous Gauntlet[edit source]
Truth or Consequences[edit source]
Finding Esme[edit source]
History Books[edit source]
The Next Adventures[edit source]
Possible Future[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Green Martian Physiology: As the last living Green Martian, J'onzz retains standard Green Martian powers.
- Density-Shifting: Also known as phasing, J'onzz is able to alter his density and pass through solid objects.
- Flight: J'onzz is shown to be able to fly and hover.
- Invulnerability: J'onzz is able to shield M'orzz from concrete and deflect bullets.
- Psychic Immunity: J'onzz is immune to psychic powers of countless species such as the Fear Visions of Phantoms.
- Shape-Shifting: J'onzz is able to shift between his Green Martian and human form (Hank Henshaw's appearance) at will.
- Superhuman Speed: J'onzz was shown to have super speed when he rescues M'gann M'orzz from concrete.
- Superhuman Strength: J'onzz is able to exert great strength from his bare hands.
- Telepathy: J'onzz can read minds of individuals as well as sending psychic messages.
- Dokri Surth-uh: Also known as "The Binding", Martians are able to connect to each other and sync up their memories, having a stronger telepathic and telekinetic power.
- Memory Manipulation: J'onzz can restore the memories of a person, even after the destruction of the Multiverse.
- Mental Detection: J'onzz can detect the minds of people in a short distance.
Former Powers[edit source]
- Powers via the Courage Totem: In order to battle Nyxly and Lex Luthor, J'onzz used the Courage Totem to protect himself from the powerful Magic of the other AllStone Totems.
- Forcefield Generation: Combining the energy of the Courage Totem and Kara's Humanity Totem, J'onzz is able to generate a strong forcefield to protect himself.
- Energy Blast: J'onzz was able to create blue energy blasts of the Courage Totem and easily incapacitate his opponents.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: J'onzz is able to fight several Shadow Demons using hand-to-hand combat.
- Leadership: J'onzz was the former director of the DEO and was capable of leading the department to achieve certain tasks with high efficiency.
- Investigation: J'onzz is a private investigator and is a renowned investigator among aliens on Earth.
- Marksmanship: As a former agent/director of the DEO and a participant in the Martian Civil War, J'onzz is familiar with standard firearms on Earth and alien blasters.
- Engineering: J'onzz was tasked with creating the Anti-Magic Cuff, which required basic engineering skills.
- Magic: Despite possessing exceptional psychic abilities, J'onzz is unable to withstand the powerful Fifth Dimensional AllStone totems, as shown when he was only able to briefly counteract the effects of the Courage Totem.
Current Equipment[edit source]
- Martian Manhunter Suit: J'onzz wears an organic protective suit while operating as the Martian Manhunter.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Courage Totem: In order to battle Nyxly and Lex Luthor, J'onzz used the Courage Totem to protect himself from the powerful Magic of the other AllStone Totems.
Promotional Images[edit source]
- ↑ The Bottle Episode
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Immortal Kombat
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Rebirth
- ↑ Marathon
- ↑ Welcome Back, Kara!
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Bodyguard
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 7.11 7.12 7.13 7.14 Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Five
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Back from the Future: Part One
- ↑ Back from the Future: Part Two
- ↑ Reality Bytes
- ↑ Alex in Wonderland
- ↑ Deus Lex Machina
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 The Missing Link
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Hope for Tomorrow
- ↑ Dream Weaver
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Fear Knot
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 I Believe in a Thing Called Love
- ↑ Mxy in the Middle
|Other versions of J'onn J'onzz|
- Green Martians
- Male Characters
- Characters from Earth-Prime
- Pages with Broken File Links
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow Characters
- Supergirl Characters
- Arrow Characters
- The Flash (2014) Characters
- Law Enforcement
- Government Agents
- Private Investigators
- Magic Users
- Comic Characters