|“||Number one, no one is like me. If you wanted to even come close, you would have to go to medical school. Become a psychiatrist. Work in an asylum. Fall in love with your patient. Break said patient out of said asylum. Begin a life of crime. Jump into a vat of chemicals to prove yourself to a madman. Get arrested by the Batman. Go back to jail. Get out of jail with a bomb on your neck. Save the world, go back to jail, and break out of jail before breaking up with the aforementioned madman, and going out on your own.||”|
— Harley Quinn to Cassandra Cain[src]
Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel, PhD, also known as Harley Quinn, is a criminal active in Gotham City and a member of Task Force X. Quinn is also the owner of Harley Quinn & Associate: Badass Motherfuckers and an ally of the Birds of Prey.
Early Life[edit source]
Harley Quinn & Joker[edit source]
Midway City Mission[edit source]
Birds of Prey[edit source]
Corto Maltese Mission[edit source]
A year later, Quinn was captured and imprisoned back in Belle Reve, where she was recruited on a mission to Corto Maltese.
Team 1 Ambush[edit source]
Meeting Harkness after their previous mission, Quinn greeted him as she boarded the Sheba. The team then dropped in the shores of Corto Maltese, where they swam to the island. However, Richard Hertz exposed their hiding location and started a battle between the army and the team. During the battle, Quinn witnessed the deaths of her teammates and Harkness being shredded to pieces by a helicopter. As the battle concluded, Quinn went up to Braun and spent his last minutes together, with the latter giving his javelin to Quinn.
"Harley Luna"[edit source]
Quinn was later found in a hole in the ground and was given a dress to meet the president of Corto Maltese, Silvio Luna. As they met, Luna expressed her appreciation in her work against the America government and proposed to her, deeming her work would make Luna a supported leader of the Corto Malteseans. However, Luna's story and goals set a red flag in Quinn, who later shot him with a pistol and was captured by Mateo Suarez.
Hanged in the attic of a building, Quinn refused to tell the number of Meta-powered soldiers that landed on the island and was shocked by an electric baton. Fortunately, Quinn was able to strangle the guard and steal the keys for her escape. She then retrieved the javelin and stormed out of the building, killing the guards in the process. As she got on a taxi, she saw Rick Flag and Robert DuBois sneaking to the side of the building and revealed herself to them, realizing that they were there to save her from captivity. DuBois introduced himself and Quinn joined the team once again, now with the goal to destroy Jotunheim.
Operation Jotunheim[edit source]
The team soon got into their respective suits, with the Thinker driving to Jotunheim and infiltrating the building. The team then stormed the building in the rain and was able to enter the lobby.
Under the commands of DuBois and Flag, Quinn, Abner Krill and Milton followed the former to plant a series of explosives on the walls of Jotunheim. They were then confronted by a group of soldiers who shot and killed Milton. Despite being with Milton for the entire mission, the team were unable to recall him as Krill got emotional over the death of one of his teammates. He then shot a series of polka-dots at the soldiers despite Quinn's warning and triggered the explosives on the floor, igniting a chain of explosions and destroying the building.
Thankfully, Quinn, Krill and DuBois were able to survive the fall and were able to hang on to the remaining constructions of the building. With the team back together, they ran away as Starro had escaped control. The team were able to protect themselves from Starro's extensions by covering their faces under Cazo's advice. Despite Starro's escape, Waller demanded the team to leave as the objective of the mission was completed. DuBois slowly walked away, only to be forced back by his compassion as Harley proudly followed.
Waller back in Belle Reve was then knocked unconscious by Flo Crawley. The team followed Emilia Harcourt and John Economos' orders to evade Starro, fighting the injected individuals with their respective abilities. During the chaos, DuBois gave orders to the team, telling Quinn to take the high ground. With Starro demobilized by Polka's attacks and Ratcatcher 2's army of rats, Quinn leaped onto Starro and entered his eye, paving the road for the rats to enter and attack Starro's brain.
Going Home[edit source]
After the tiring battle concluded, Quinn climbed out of Starro's eye and talked to DuBois about Flag's death, who was one of Quinn's few friends. DuBois expressed the same, reminding her that they saved the world, and they could not have both at the same time. Quinn then asked to be DuBois' friend, only to call him Milton as he slowly walked away. The team was soon greeted by the Sheba, which brought them back home after Waller agreed to DuBois' deal for not releasing the hard disk of Project Starfish.
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Genius-level Intellect: Before turning into Harley Quinn, Quinzel studied in Gotham City University and became an intelligent individual.
- Psychology: Quinzel majored in psychology and was later hired by Arkham Asylum as the personal psychologist of the mentally challenged Joker.
- Deception: Quinn expected in deceiving her opponents, often through the act of flirtation and empty promises.
- Peak of Human Physical Condition: As an experienced and skilled criminal, Quinn was shown to be in her peak physical performance and was able to fight well-trained soldiers easily.
- Acrobatics: Quinn is able to leap from building to buildings and do a flip easily.
- Gymnastics: While being imprisoned in Belle Reve, Quinn was shown to be flexible and was able to hang on a single rope in her cell. Later, Quinn stole a key from a Corto Maltesean soldier and bent her leg to her head, unlocking the chains and escaping captivity.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Quinn was shown to be a skilled combatant and is able to fight highly trained individuals easily.
- Knife Fighting: Quinn possessed a knife which he used briefly for combat.
- Javelin Fighting: After being given a javelin by Gunter Braun, Quinn was shown to be able to fight soldiers using the weapon.
- Skating: Quinn was shown to be a skilled roller skater.
- Marksmanship: Quinn was trained to use a firearm, which she possessed while operating as a criminal.
- Mental Illness: After falling in love with the Joker, Quinzel struggled with her mental illness and was later tortured by the clown prince. Her insanity also hinders her genius-level intellect, which often affects her judgment. It was later shown that Quinn also possesses a unique vision after turning insane, seeing blood as flowers and hallucinating non-violent objects.
Current Equipment[edit source]
- Love/Hate: Quinn uses a Chiappa Rhino 60DS revolver with the words "love" and "hate" written on the side of the firearm.
- Harley Quinn Suit: Quinn wore a red and black protective suit with goggles while operating as a member of Task Force X.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Good Night Bat: Quinn used a baseball bat with the word "good night" written on the side. However, she only used it during her first mission with Task Force X.
- Fun Gun: Quinn used a shotgun weapon when she stormed a police precinct.
- Javelin: Quinn was gifted a javelin by Gunter Braun which she used against Starro.
|Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)||Appears|
|Zack Snyder's Justice League||Mentioned|
|The Suicide Squad||Appears|
|Best Friends for Never||Mentioned|
Promotional Images[edit source]
|Other versions of Harleen Quinzel|