|“||Sinful human. So easily corrupted and consumed.||”|
Eclipso is a sinister demon from the Shadowlands and a dangerous enemy of both the Golden Age and Modern Age Justice Society of America.
In 1831, Eclipso was summoned by a tribe on Diablo Island and imprisoned in the Black Diamond.
Bruce and Rebecca[edit source]
Decades later, Eclipso possessed the body of Bruce Gordon when the latter visited Diablo Island and brought the Black Diamond away. Eclipso then used the appearance of Gordon and shape-shifted into his younger self, luring and tricking Rebecca McNider, daughter of Doctor Mid-Nite, into stealing her neighbor's birthday presents. Eclipso then revealed his true form and murdered McNider in cold blood, sowing the seeds of conflict between the Justice Society of America and himself.
The Murder of Bruce Gordon[edit source]
Weeks later, the Shade informed Sylvester Pemberton and the JSA that the only way to stop Eclipso and avenge Rebecca's death is to kill the host. After a vote, the JSA decided to storm Gordon's mansion and murder him before Eclipso could grow stronger. As a result, Sylvester was able to lock the demon back to the Black Diamond for decades before it fell into the hands of William Zarick, The Wizard.
In 2020, Cindy Burman went to William Zarick's storage facility and found a blue diamond in a wooden box. She held a flashlight, and it emitted a blue light. As she calls his name, he laughs sinisterly.
Injustice Unlimited[edit source]
In summer 2021, Eclipso and Cindy Burman went to the ISA Headquarters and started the recruitment for Injustice Unlimited. Eclipso then pledged allegiance to Cindy, telling her that he is ready to serve. The duo then went to the Burman Residence and approached Bobbie Burman. Using his enchantment abilities, Eclipso was able to tempt Bobbie with her glorious past, pushing her to kill Cindy. Eventually, Cindy was attacked by her step-mother before Eclipso controlled her body in order to disintegrate Bobbie.
Days later, Eclipso talked to Cindy about the murder of Bobbie and created a vision of her late birth mother. Cindy warned him not to do it again, and they went back to their recruitment. The villainous duo soon found themselves at Blue Valley High and saw Courtney Whitmore approaching. Following his master's orders, Eclipso created a vision in Artemis Crock's mind and tricked her into attacking her classmates including Courtney. As her violent actions lost her position in The Big Ten, Cindy was able to take the chance and recruit her on the team.
Into the Shadows[edit source]
The Darkness Within[edit source]
Good, Bad and Evil[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
|“||I fed off her hatred, her desperation, her corrupt soul.||”|
— Eclipso to Shiv[src]
- Demon Physiology/Moon Magic: As a demon, Eclipso possesses supernatural abilities involving Moon Magic.
- Glamour/Shape-Shifting: Eclipso has the ability to switch his appearance into that of individuals formerly possessed by him, as shown when he disguised himself as a young Bruce Gordon. He was also able to alter his age in his glamour, appearing as a young Bruce Gordon to Rebecca McNider while retaining Gordon's true form when the two spoke.
- Enchantment: Eclipso is capable of enchanting human individuals, forcing them to hear his voice and manipulate them into doing violent actions.
- Possession: Eclipso has the ability to take over a human body, using it in order to commit actions he could not do while being trapped in the diamond.
- Soul Absorption: Eclipso was shown to be able to absorb evil souls into his body, killing his foes in the process and inhaling them for power.
- Visions Creation: Eclipso has the ability to create realistic visions in his victims.
- Superhuman Strength: In his humanoid form, Eclipso is able to send individuals flying in the air easily by using his bare hands.
- Ergokinesis: Eclipso's hands can project some form of purple energy, manipulating it against his enemies.
- Portal Opening: Connecting himself to the Shadowlands, his homeland, Eclipso has the ability to create a dark portal in the form of liquid to the realm.
- Claws: Eclipso's has a pair of short claws on the tip of his fingers, with him using them to stab and severely injure the Shade.
- Superhuman Speed: After injuring the Shade, Eclipso performed a burst of speed and escaped from his enemies.
- Shockwave: Eclipso was able to create a strong shockwave of energy when he ran at superhuman speed and halted within seconds, sending his opponents flying backwards.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite being sliced by Cindy Burman's shivs multiple times, Eclipso did not experience pain nor suffered any injuries afterwards.
- Superhuman Agility: Eclipso was able to retain perfect balance when he leaped onto American Dream tower.
- Teleport: Eclipso has the ability to teleport between short distances.
- Superhuman Leaping: Eclipso was shown to be able to leap at an extreme height and distance.
Former Powers[edit source]
- Powers via the Cosmic Staff: After possessing Courtney Whitmore, Eclipso gained possession of the Cosmic Staff as well as the exceptional powers that it bestowed.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Eclipso was able to combat both Stargirl and Shiv at once.
- Black Diamond: The Black Diamond was the only thing in history to have held and weaken Eclipso, which imprisoned him for decades being being liberated by Cindy Burman.
- Doctor Mid-Nite Goggles: Doctor Mid-Nite's goggles are able to see through Eclipso's illusions.
- Light: Eclipso is extremely vulnerable to any powerful weapons wielding the power of the light such as the Cosmic Staff and the Starheart Power Ring, opposing the power of the shadows of Eclipso.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- Black Diamond: Eclipso was imprisoned in the Black Diamond, an artifact that was later found and kept by William Zarick. Despite the original intention to inhibit his powers, Eclipso started turning more powerful upon found by Cindy Burman, with her powers now being able to reach beyond the diamond.
- Cosmic Staff: While possessing Courtney Whitmore, Eclipso was able to wield the Cosmic Staff and control both the power of the light and the power of the shadows.
|"Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. Part Two"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter One"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Two"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Three"||Mentioned|
|"Summer School: Chapter Four"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Five"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Six"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Seven"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Eight"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Nine"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Ten"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Eleven"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Twelve"||Appears|
|"Summer School: Chapter Thirteen"||Appears|
|"Chapter One: The Murder"||Mentioned|
|"Chapter Two: The Suspects"||Mentioned|
|"Chapter Three: The Blackmail"||Mentioned|
|"Chapter Four: The Evidence"||Mentioned|
|"Chapter Five: The Thief"||Mentioned|
|"Chapter Seven: Infinity Inc. Part One"||Mentioned|
|"Chapter Ten: The Killer"||Mentioned|
|"Chapter Twelve: The Last Will and Testament of Sylvester Pemberton"||Mentioned|
|"Chapter Thirteen: The Reckoning"||Mentioned (Flashforward)|
Promotional Images[edit source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Summer School: Chapter Four"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 "Summer School: Chapter Six"
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 "Summer School: Chapter Thirteen"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Summer School: Chapter One"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Summer School: Chapter Nine"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. Part Two"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 "Summer School: Chapter Two"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Summer School: Chapter Ten"
- ↑ "Summer School: Chapter Seven"
- ↑ "Summer School: Chapter Eight"
- ↑ "Summer School: Chapter Five"