- For other uses of Constantine, see Constantine (Disambiguation).
|“||My name is John Constantine. I am the one who steps from the shadows, all trench coat and arrogance. I'll drive your demons away, kick 'em in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone because, let's be honest... who would be crazy enough to walk it with me?||”|
John Constantine later reprised his role on Arrow and became a regular character on DC's Legends of Tomorrow. The series was retroactively established to take place in the Arrowverse with events being indirectly referenced by multiple characters.
Based on the wildly popular comic book series Hellblazer from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine specializes in giving hell... hell. Armed with ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and his wickedly naughty wit, he fights the good fight — or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he's decided to leave his do-gooder life behind, but when demons target Liv, the daughter of one of Constantine's oldest friends, he's reluctantly thrust back into the fray – and he'll do whatever it takes to save her. Before long, it's revealed that Liv's "second sight" — an ability to see the worlds behind our world and predict supernatural occurrences — is a threat to a mysterious new evil that's rising in the shadows. Now it's not just Liv who needs protection; the angels are starting to get worried too. So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows... maybe there's hope for him and his soul after all.
Main Cast[edit source]
- Matt Ryan as John Constantine (season 1)
- Lucy Griffiths as Liv Aberdine (season 1) *
- Angélica Celaya as Zed Martin (season 1) *
- Charles Halford as Chas Chandler (season 1)
- Harold Perrineau as Manny (season 1)
- Lucy Griffiths was originally supposed to be a series regular; however, her character was written out after "Non Est Asylum" and the female lead role was replaced by Angélica Celaya as Zed Martin.
- Constantine had a supplemental webseries called John Con Noir.
- Matt Ryan was the only cast member to appear in every episode of the series.
Logos and Title Cards[edit source]
Title Card for "Non Est Asylum"
|DC Universe - Gods and Monsters|
Batman: Classic TV Series • The Green Hornet • Wonder Woman • The Flash • Smallville • Birds of Prey • Gotham • Lucifer • Powerless • Krypton • Titans • Doom Patrol • Swamp Thing • Pennyworth • Stargirl • Naomi • The Penguin • Dead Boy Detectives • Constantine • Justice League Dark • Madame X • Justice U