|“||I cherish peace with all my heart. I don't care how many men, women, and children I need to kill to get it.||”|
Christopher "Chris" Smith is an extremist known as Peacemaker, who believes in achieving peace no matter the cost, including killing men, women and children after the death of his brother, Keith. Smith was recruited by Amanda Waller to join A.R.G.U.S.' Task Force X, hoping to destroy Project Starfish in Corto Maltese. However, he was forced to kill his superior, Rick Flag, after Flag attempted to release the video tape of individuals being experimented on to the public. Smith was soon shot in the neck by Bloodsport, and was revealed to have survived the bullet wound and the destruction of Jotunheim.
After recovering from his injuries, Smith was recruited by Clemson Murn into the Project Butterfly task force.
Early Life[edit source]
At some point, Christopher Smith was born to Auggie Smith and an unnamed woman as the younger brother of Keith Smith.
Death of Keith[edit source]
As teenagers, Smith and Keith were told by their father to join a no holds barred duel. After the duel, Keith was defeated and suffered from a seizure, eventually dying. Auggie blamed him for his firstborn's death.
Quest for Peace[edit source]
Growing up guilted by his brother's death, Smith vowed to achieve peace no matter the cost and was being trained by his father. He then started to operate as the Peacemaker with his own uniform and a beacon of peace. However, his violent actions and killing caused his ultimate arrest by A.R.G.U.S. He was then incarcerated in Belle Reve Correctional Center in 2018.
Project Starfish[edit source]
In 2021, Amanda Waller recruited Smith to Task Force X and told him to meet the team, consisting of Bloodsport, Ratcatcher 2, Polka-Dot Man and King Shark. The team was then sent to Corto Maltese in order to destroy all traces of something only known as Project Starfish and camped in the forest.
During the night, Smith was woken by DuBois' gunshots as he shot King Shark in order to save Cazo from being eaten. DuBois then shouted out in confusion as Smith wore "tightly whities" underwear. In response, Smith called him racist.
The Search[edit source]
In the next morning, the team packed their equipments and went to a camp where Rick Flag was supposedly held in after being capture. Smith and DuBois competed against each other using their respective weapons, with the former introducing exploding compression bullets to the latter. However, they soon realized that they had killed a group of innocent people and lied that they left before they got to the base, with Krill revealing the truth quickly afterwards. Sol Soria and Rick Flag were forced to forgive them and worked alongside the task force in search of Gaius Grieves.
The group walked across the mountains to the town and briefly stopped as Cazo got tired and Krill started glowing with polka-dots. They then arrived at an army facility where they met Milton, a driver for the Freedom Fighters. Smith started changing into civilian clothes in order to infiltrate La Gatita Amable, the gentlemen's club that Grieves often visits.
As Grieves had yet to arrive, the team started ordering drinks and enjoyed themselves. They were then interrupted when Grieves entered the building, only to encounter another obstacle as the army arrived in search of Americans. Flag and DuBois forced Smith to act as distractions for Krill and Cazo to take Grieves back to the bus, while the trio was immediately arrested. On the transport, the three of them agreed to attack and knocked the guards unconscious, allowing them to escape.
They then discussed their next moves, changing their objective to rescue Harley Quinn.
Operation Harley[edit source]
Still in their civilian outfits, the team got into position as Flag and DuBois infiltrated the building. However, Quinn appeared next to them, revealing that she had escaped by herself without assistance. The team then resumed their objective to infiltrate Jotunheim.
Dirty Little Secrets[edit source]
The team soon got into their respective suits, with Grieves driving to Jotunheim and infiltrating the building. The team then stormed the building in the rain and was able to enter the lobby.
Under the commands of DuBois and Flag, Smith and King Shark planted explosives on the walls of Jotunheim. As King Shark turned around, Smith already disobeyed orders and followed Flag, Cazo and Grieves to Starro's cage. Revealing himself to his teammates, Smith prevented Flag from exposing the secrets of US involvement in the project. The two charged at each other and fought as the building collapsed. During the chaos, Cazo was able to acquire the hard disk and fled from Smith. Unfortunately, she was unable to outrun him and was held at gunpoint. Suddenly, DuBois landed in front of them after the collapse. Smith stared at DuBois and attempted to shoot him with his firearm. Unfortunately, Smith's bullet was proven less durable as their bullets collide and DuBois was able to shoot him in the throat.
Despite shown to be bleeding tremendous blood on the ground, Smith survived the wound and was brought to a hospital for treatment.
Too Good to be True[edit source]
Project Butterfly[edit source]
Meet the Team[edit source]
Attacked by Annie Sturphausen[edit source]
Escape from the Police[edit source]
Failed Assassination[edit source]
Good Kind of Choad[edit source]
11th Street Kids[edit source]
Hunted by Police[edit source]
Butterfly Invasion[edit source]
Battle of Coverdale Ranch[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Helmet Capabilities: Smith utilized a series of advanced helmets created by his father, with multiple capable of destructive abilities.
- Forcefield Generation: According to Auggie Smith, one of the helmets is capable of creating a full-body forcefield to protect its user.
- Scabies Generation: Auggie Smith believed that a man should have scabies once in their lives, this led to him creating a helmet that give anyone in a one-mine radius scabies except its user.
- Self-Contained Life-Support System: According to Auggie Smith, one of the helmets allows its user to breathe underwater.
- X-Ray Vision: Among the helmets, one of them consists of a pair of red lenses that can be vocally activated to allow its user to see through solid objects. The helmet was later used when Smith required it to investigate Glan Tai Bottling Plant.
Former Powers/Capabilities[edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: One of the helmets allows its users to float in the air, though requiring its user to hold a tiny hand fan to guide the way, the helmet was later accidentally activated and floated away.
- Sonic Blasts: When choosing a helmet to replace the helmet he gave away to pay for his ride home, Smith decided to pick the helmet with the ability to create sonic blasts on voice command. The helmet was later presumably damaged during the Battle of Coverdale Ranch after causing severe casualties in the chaos.
- Peak of Human Physical Condition: In his mission for global peace, Smith was trained by his father and achieved his peak physical performance.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Smith was shown to be able to fight multiple soldiers in Corto Maltese.
- Archery: Smith was shown to be skilled in using a bow and arrow.
- Marksmanship: As Peacemaker, Smith uses a series of firearms and killed countless people.
Current Equipment[edit source]
- Peacemaker Uniform: Smith wears a red, white and blue uniform as the Peacemaker.
- Guns: As Peacemaker, Smith used a series of elaborated firearms against his victims.
- Exploding Compression Bullets: Smith uses a series of bullets that would explode upon impact, increasing the lethality of his attacks.
- Sword: A sword is stored in the Peacemaker Uniform, which Smith used for close-combats.
- Combat Knife: While not in uniform, Smith hides a combat knife as a backup weapon.
- Blowgun: Smith uses a blowgun that shoots poisonous darts.
- Nano-Bomb: Upon joining Task Force X, Smith was injected with a bomb in the base of his skull.
- Bow and Arrow: While celebrating with Vigilante, Smith used a regular bow and arrows.
- Grenade: Before the Glan Tai Bottling Plant Massacre, Smith tied a hand grenade to a Russian tank shell, killing multiple Butterflies in one explosion.
Former Equipment[edit source]
- PSS-MKR: Smith used to drive a vehicle with the American flag color scheme, it was later destroyed when he activated the sonic boom setting of his helmet.
- Shield: A shield with the emblem of the dove of peace was placed in Quantum Unfolding Storage Area. The shield was then used during the Battle of Coverdale Ranch, while it was left in the rubble when Eek Stack Ik Ik dragged Smith away from it.
|"The Suicide Squad"||Appears|
|"A Whole New Whirled"||Appears|
|"Best Friends for Never"||Appears|
|"Better Goff Dead"||Appears|
|"The Choad Less Traveled"||Appears|
|"Murn After Reading"||Appears|
|"Stop Dragon My Heart Around"||Appears|
|"It's Cow or Never"||Appears|
Promotional Images[edit source]
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 "The Suicide Squad"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 "A Whole New Whirled"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Stop Dragon My Heart Around"
- ↑ Peacemaker on HBO Max on Twitter: "its nice to feel wanted... tag me in your photo with my poster at #nycc and ill share my favorites so people know that you're wanted, too"
- ↑ "Better Goff Dead"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 "It's Cow or Never"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "Monkey Dory"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Best Friends for Never"
- ↑ "The Choad Less Traveled"
|Other versions of Christopher Smith|