|“||You, sir, are the larcenist and pretender. How did you accomplish this ruse? Could it be an image inducer?||”|
— Brainiac 5 to his doppelgänger[src]
Brainiac 5 is a refugee from the original multiverse who survived the Crisis.
Early Life[edit source]
At some point, Brainiac 5 began to work with the Department of Extranormal Operations and came to know Director Danvers. He also travelled to Helven at some point, where he had a negative interaction with some Helvenian Crabs.
Stranded on Earth-Prime[edit source]
During the Crisis, he went to Al's Dive Bar and was unknowingly sent through a wormhole to Earth-Prime. Once in this new universe, he went to a smoothie cart where he met his doppelgänger, who he believed to be impersonating him. Both Brainiac's then attempted to arrest the other and took each other to the DEO, where they soon realized that numerous other Brainiac 5's had survived the crisis. They then witnessed one of the survivors die from a computer virus known as the anti-life equation after telling the others to prevent one of them from opening a bottle containing his universe. Some time later, another Brainiac 5 began to suffer from the anti-life equation but was saved when Brainy reversed the effects, during which time he also noticed that his Earth-Prime counterpart did not know how to help.
Big Brain[edit source]
|Note:||This section is a stub. Click the edit button to the right of the section title to expand it.|
After their doppelgänger had been returned to his bottled universe, he and the female Brainiac decided to merge with the Big Brain in order to be at peace after the destruction of their universes.
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Coluan Physiology: Brainy has superhuman powers due to his Coluan physiology.
- Cybernetic Interface: As a cybernetic being, Brainy is able to transfer his body into digital code and teleport through any technology by flying into it.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Brainy is an exceptionally intelligent individual, as he understood complex concepts.
- Computer Viruses: As a cybernetic being, Brainy can be negatively targeted by computer viruses.
Current Equipment[edit source]
- Forcefield Belt: Brainy possesses a forcefield belt which protects him from incoming attacks.
- Image Inducer: Brainy possesses an image inducer which disguises his alien appearance.
|The Bottle Episode||Appears|
|Back from the Future: Part One||Indirectly Mentioned|
|Truth or Consequences||Appears|
- In the script for The Bottle Episode, Brainiac 5 was referred to as "Earnest Brainy".
- Brainiac 5's alias of "Barney Fife" is based on Don Knotts' character from The Andy Griffith Show.
|Other versions of Querl Dox|