|“||Not making sense is kind of how we roll around here.||”|
— Larry Trainor[src]
Larry Trainor, also known as Negative Man, is a former pilot for the United States Air Force who was exposed to a Negative Spirit.
Doom Patrol[edit source]
At some point before 1968, Larry Trainor was exposed to an unknown "Negative Energy" on his plane and was taken to Caulder House for treatment.
Meeting Rachel Roth[edit source]
A Big Green Problem[edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit source]
- Longevity: The Negative Spirit is able to delay Trainor's aging and allow his body to remain the same for over 50 years.
- Radiation Production: After being sent into a field of cosmic radiation while testing the X-15, Trainor was exposed to an unknown "Negative Energy" and became the host of it, forcing his body to produce radiation without any form of control.
- Cooking: Trainor was shown to be a proficient chef, serving as the culinary expert at Caulder House.
- Pilot: Trainor was the test pilot for the North American X-15.
Current Equipment[edit source]
Former Equipment[edit source]
- North American X-15: Trainor flew the experimental jet, North American X-15, while testing it in the atmosphere.
- He was originally intended to be the same as his Earth-21 counterpart. However, it was later revealed in Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Five that they are separate people.
|Other versions of Larry Trainor|
Earth: 21 • Mindscape