|“||I put that suit on to give back to my city. You put it on to survive. You know better than anyone what that symbol means to people who have no hope left.||”|
Batsuits are a series of protective suit used by numerous individuals as Batman and Batwoman.
The Dark Knight[edit source]
At some point in the early 2000s, Bruce Wayne became a vigilante and started using a protective suit created by Lucius Fox. Over the years, Bruce and Lucius had made multiple alterations to the suit and improved his performance in fighting.
The Scarlet Knight[edit source]
In late 2018, Kate Kane started operating as Batwoman after Bruce's disappearance in 2015. Kate then asked Luke Fox to readjust the suit to fit her and repainted certain parts of the suit in red.
When Kate Kane briefly left the role as Batwoman due to her trauma over killing August Cartwright, an imposter took over her mantle and used a replica of the Batsuit, which was not bulletproof.
Batwoman 2.0[edit source]
In late 2020, Kate Kane was on board the Wayne Enterprises Jet and was supposedly killed during its crash. However, the suit landed on a beach and was stolen by Ryan Wilder, who utilized the suit and gadgets against False Face Society before being found by the Bat-Team. Eventually, the Bat-Team allowed her to keep the suit and mantle until Kate returns.
Rogue Batwoman[edit source]
When Kate Kane returned with her mind being altered to believe herself as Circe Sionis, she stole Ryan's suit and modified it with her own protective gear. She then wore a Skull Mask and fought alongside the False Face Society before being restored to her true self. She later decided to let Ryan continue to be Batwoman as she leaves to search for Bruce Wayne.
The suit is a full body armor with red accents and gadgets. The suit also consists of a cowl that mimics the face of a bat and lenses that could switch between different modes.
- Identity Concealment: The cowl hides the eyes and the majority of its user's face from being identified.
- Kevlar Armor: Designed to protect its user from bullets, the suit is created with kevlar armor.
- Night Vision Lenses: The suit allows its user to see objects and understand an environment in darkness.
- Utility Belt: The belt of the Batsuit consists of countless gadgets, from a Grappling Gun to a Rebreather.
- Batarang Launcher: On the gauntlet of the suit, multiple Batarangs are stored and can be used as a short-distance projectile.
- Boost of Adrenaline: When Ryan Wilder suffered from the effects of Kryptonite poisoning, Luke installed an adrenaline boosting system in the suit to keep her at peak performance.
- Temperature Regulator: The suit includes of a temperature regulator, allowing its user to maintain their body temperature and prevent hypothermia. However, it is possible that it would be damaged by the extreme temperature before being activated.
- Green Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite is one of few materials that could penetrate the Batsuit.
Original and Upgraded Suit[edit source]
Second Suit[edit source]
Third Suit[edit source]
Promotional Images[edit source]
First look at Javicia Leslie as Ryan Wilder/Batwoman
|Other versions of Batsuits|